Have you had a diagnosis recently that’s left you baffled about how to eat? If so, you’ll want to listen in and learn about Autoimmune Disease and Plant-Based Diets with Rachael Hutchins. We talk about her Lupis diagnosis and how that led her to a plant-based diet. If you’re considering a vegan diet and looking for more resources, check out my Three Kinds of Vegan post or this interview on Plant-Based Living with Sharon Palmer.
Rachael Hutchings was experiencing serious health problems and went to see several doctors before she was finally diagnosed with lupus, an autoimmune disease. She sought out ways to make changes to her diet rather than only taking medications. Eventually this led her to a plant-based diet, providing dramatic improvements to her symptoms.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from today’s interview with Rachael:
She [her doctor] was saying your body is unique, and we have to figure out what is going to work for it. And that really made sense to me. — Rachael Hutchings #namelymarly
We got home, and I went right back on the strict, whole foods, plant-based eating approach and within a week, every single one of those symptoms had cleared up. And I thought, I am never going back. — Rachael Hutchings #namelymarly
Our goal at Namely Marly is to provide you with inspiring resources to take on a vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, and inspired, energetic life. We hope today’s interview about Autoimmune Disease and Plant-Based Diets with Rachael Hutchings has been helpful and informative.
Go be your best you!
Featured Content – Autoimmune Disease and Plant-Based Diets
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Rachael, where we discuss:
- Rachael talks about how she started her blog La Fuji Mama
- We talk about the symptoms she was experiencing
- Rachael shares about her journey seeking the right doctor for her mysterious symptoms
- Once she finally received the diagnosis of lupus, Rachael talks about the recommendations she received from doctors
- Rachael talks about her journey leading to a plant-based diet and the impacts it has had on her health and condition
- We discuss autoimmune diseases and how healthy eating and living impacts them
This Accessible Approachable Vegan Diet episode includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about Rachael at La Fuji Mama
- Related post: Listen to Dr. Greger talking about his book How Not to Die. Rachael talks about this in today’s discussion too!
- The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study on Nutrition Ever Conducted
- Related Post: Ten Ways to be Vegan
- Check out Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen App to keep track of 12 daily healthy goals!
- Related Post: What Kind of Vegan Are You?
- Give a shout-out to Rachael and connect via Twitter and Instagram
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Namely Marly Podcast episodes, recipes, and thoughts on living an inspired life by subscribing to the Namely Marly newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
- Check out the other Namely Marly Podcast episodes.
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Namely Marly Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find the Namely Marly podcast too!
That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!