It’s hard to believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner. This Easy Vegan Stuffing Recipe is here to remind you of the good food that’s coming to a table near you. No one wants to spend hours upon hours in the kitchen, so if you’re ready for some quick and easy vegan thanksgiving dinner ideas, check out my recipe for Vegan Seven Layer Salad or my Healthy Vegan Yogurt Ranch Dip served with carrot sticks or veggies which makes a perfect appetizer for the big day!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Vegan Stuffing Recipe
My mom always made the best stuffing. It was served in a huge casserole dish so we’d have leftovers, at least for the next day. My mom put a lot of work into that recipe. She’d make the cornbread from scratch and she’d search far and wide for the best kind of sage to add as a seasoning. I used to do all of that too, especially after we adopted a vegan lifestyle. Most of the box cornbread is made with lard so…even the cornbread was made from scratch.
And then I finally found a package of ready-to-make stuffing that isn’t made with animal products. I bought it, made a delicious easy vegan stuffing recipe from it, and quickly went back to the store and bought more.
Sorry, mom, but this recipe tastes just as good as the one you spent hours on!
The good news? This recipe takes less than 30 minutes. YAS!
So, you’ll love how easy this recipe comes together. You’ll also love the minimal ingredients. One more thing, you’ll also love that you can make this the day of your big dinner (It only takes around 30 minutes) or you can make it the day before and simply reheat before serving. The flavors of this stuffing just grow better over time, so you’ll be fine either way.
My only word of warning? You might want to make a double batch so you’ll still have some leftover for your guests!
You KNOW I love adapting recipes, so here are some ideas on how I would embellish this recipe:
- Add a half cup or so of fresh cranberries before baking to add color and flavor
- Include some vegan sausage crumbles to give it a heartier flavor
- Throw in a half cup or so of chopped walnuts before baking
- Drizzle some melted vegan butter over the top to make a crispier crust
Don’t be shy, there are lots of ways to make this easy vegan stuffing recipe your own! One more thing, you can serve it straight from the sauce pan if you’re in a hurry. We love baking it to give it a crispy crust, but it’s not necessary.
We hope you love this recipe for Easy Vegan Stuffing as much as we do. If you decide to make them, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or SnapChat (I’m @NamelyMarly). We LOVE seeing your photos!
- ¼ cup vegan butter (half a stick)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 pkg. (14 ounces) Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Cornbread Stuffing*
- Heat your oven to 375°F. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9X13 baking pan or casserole dish.
- Heat the vegan butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add the chopped celery and onion. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable broth over cooked onions/celery and give it a good stir. Cook over medium heat until this just begins to boil.
- Pour in the stuffing and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Add more seasoning - like dried sage, salt and pepper - to taste. Pour into your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the stuffing is golden and crusty on the top.
If you’re into fun vegan holiday stuffing dishes, check these out:
- Hearty Vegan Stuffing by Hummusapien
- Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffing by Juliette’s Kitchenette
- Holiday Vegan Stuffing Recipe by the Food Network
- Vegan Thanksgiving Casserole by me, myself, and ME!
Whatever vegan holiday side dish you’re working on, enjoy!