The experts seem to be in alignment that we need some protein at the beginning of the day. Of course, that leads to the age-old question, where do vegans get their protein? Sigh. As if to acquire protein one must consume protein. It makes a person wonder where cows get their protein. Eh? Anyway, there are awesome plant-based protein sources. In fact, that’s where this Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie comes in handy.
Can’t you just imagine having that beauty for breakfast? Me too!
The great news is…getting your plant-based protein in for breakfast is so much easier today. One reason is because there’s so many more plant-based protein powders available. To celebrate I decided to participate in the Daily Burn’s #ShowUsYourShake campaign. How fun!
Why are smoothies such a great option for breakfast? Because we all know it’s good to get that protein in the morning, and yet, somehow we’re all so busy. A smoothie just makes it all happen in record time!
I have a thing for peanut butter, especially when it’s combined with chocolate. Some day I’d like to try to get through a day without any peanut butter.
But then I think…why put myself through that?
What you’ll love about this Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
If you like to start your day with some creamy, sweet, chocolate and peanut butter goodness, well, then, this smoothie might be just the ticket. It whips up pretty darn fast, has less than 10 ingredients, and is a perfect breakfast to travel with you in the car for your morning commute. What more could you ask for?
Both the peanut butter and the protein powder provides a great boost of plant-based protein to get your day started on the right foot, and to keep it purring along throughout the morning.
When I have this smoothie I feel energized the whole rest of the day. I think there’s something about knowing I’m making good choices for my body that really helps me feel better about everything. The choices we make really do make a difference.
The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present. — Eckhart Tolle
Besides, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie is creamy, smooth, chocolatey, peanut buttery (is that a word), plant-based, and ready to go in just a few short minutes.
Here are some of my favorite plant-based protein chocolate powders:
- Ka’Chava Plant-Based Superfood Chocolate Powder. Ka’Chava. Yah, dude! (just saying that makes me smile)
- Vega One Nutritional Shake – Chocolate Powder.
- Fuel 6 Vegan Protein Powder – Chocolate.
Whichever plant-based protein powder you use, we hope you love this power packing Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie as much as we do!
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ¾ cup plant-based milk (soy, almond, etc)
- 1 scoop plant-based chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional, but recommended)
- 1 cup ice
- Combine the banana, cocoa powder, plant-based milk, and protein powder in a blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and pulse again until smooth.
- Add the ice and pulse until the ice is crushed and incorporated into the smoothie.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.