Summertime can often be such a mixed up time of year. Think about it, the weather is hot so we’re wearing shorts and heading to the pool in our swimsuits. At the same time, we’re surrounded by such great food. Potato Salad. Texas Sheet Cake. Ice Cream (the dairy-free kind, of course). I’m sure I don’t need to confess to you that I like food. It’s one of the reasons I love sharing recipes with you! On the flip side of loving food is this desire to be healthy, and to be completely honest, to feel good in those summer shorts. That’s why combining summertime desserts with fruit is becoming a fast and friendly favorite. On the menu right now is this Chunky Monkey Sorbet with frozen bananas, chocolate and peanut butter goodness!
A lot of health books suggest eating fruit for dessert. You know, just cuddle up to a bowl of blueberries after dinner sounds fine But then, well, you know, there is that delicious chocolate brownie sitting in the cupboard.
I have an idea! Let’s just finish of that pan of chocolate brownie over the next couple of days and THEN we can start eating fruit for dessert!
That’s the little story I tell myself.
Then one day recently I tried the Big Boss Swirlio Frozen Fruit Maker. Just throw in some frozen fruit and voila! Out comes fruit…miraculously disguised as soft serve ice cream! I almost always have some frozen fruit in the freezer anyway, so throwing some frozen bananas along with some cherries in the Swirlio has turned into a favorite after dinner dessert.
Fruit for dessert that feels like an indulgence? Now that’s what I’m talking about!
I’ve learned that sometimes to get as much “healthy” into my diet as possible, the easiest way to get it done is by tricking myself. I’ll add some fruit to my smoothies. I’ll freeze bananas and cover them in chocolate (See Frozen Banana Bites below). I add spinach to hummus. Whatever it takes!
But now that I have this Swirlio, I’m in love with the many creations that I can make and enjoy…for dessert! Fruit for dessert that actually tastes like dessert!
I’m in heaven.
And now I’m thrilled to let you know that the folks at Big Boss Kitchen are providing three Swirlio Frozen Fruit Dessert Makers to give away to Namely Marly readers! That’s right, you could be one of three lucky winners to have this frozen dessert delight maker in your very own kitchen!
Enter to win on the widget below.
You can also follow Big Boss Kitchen on Pinterest for product updates and special offers.
Disclosure: I was provided with the product for review purposes. I was not compensated for this post. I’m thrilled to share with you products I’ve tried and love and appreciate your support of them too. All opinions are my own.
- 1 cup frozen sliced bananas
- 2-3 Frozen Banana Bites
- 1 tablespoon PB2
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk (soy, almond, or your favorite)
- Toppings: granola and chocolate syrup
- Place the frozen banana slices and the Frozen Banana Bites on the counter to thaw slightly, about 5 minutes
- In a small bowl combine the PB2 and dairy-free milk. Stir to combine. Pour the PB2 mixture over the slightly thawed frozen bananas. Stir to coat the banana slices.
- Get out your Big Boss Swirlio Frozen Dessert Maker and place the serving bowl at the base. Place the PB2 coated banana slices and the chocolate-coated Frozen Banana Bites in the bowl at the top of the Swirlio and use the dispenser tool to press them through to extract the frozen dessert at the bottom.
- Top with chocolate syrup and granola.