- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ¾ cup plant-based milk (soy, almond, etc)
- 1 scoop plant-based chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional, but recommended)
- 1 cup ice
- Combine the banana, cocoa powder, plant-based milk, and protein powder in a blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and pulse again until smooth.
- Add the ice and pulse until the ice is crushed and incorporated into the smoothie.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
There are lots of great plant-based protein powders available. Here are some great options: Ka'Chava Plant-Based Super Foods Protein Powder, Fuel-6 offers a plant-based protein smoothie as well, and Vega One Nutritional Shake Chocolate. See links in the post above.