Three Ingredient Brownies. Simply delicious!
Do you know the technical definition of 3G?
Neither do I, but I do know that 3G is supposed to mean faster, fuller, and fabulous. That’s what this recipe is all about too.
My friend Elle told me recently that she liked my site, but that I had branched into some complex recipes lately.
“If it’s got more than 5 ingredients, I’m not touching it!”
I know she was exaggerating a little (right, Elle?), but I took her words to heart.
Elle’s one of those super busy women that doesn’t have time for a lot of cooking. But she does take time to read my site! Ah, she’s so sweet.
Elle’s not the kind of person to give critiques without a solution, so she shared with me a fabulous recipe for brownies with only three ingredients.
Well, actually, Elle’s recipe had only two ingredients, but my daughter and I agreed that it needed chocolate chips. What are brownies without chocolate chips!
And then we called them 3G to make it fun. Everyone (including brownies) wants a fun name. It’s a term of endearment and these brownies are definitely very endearing!
I added frosting to some of these. It seems I can’t help myself from adding ingredients. But just so you know, they’re great either way!
In honor of Elle, here’s a fast recipe for delicious and easy-to-make (and vegan to boot) brownies.
3 Ingredient Brownies
(Adapted from a recipe by my super busy friend, Elle…who read about it somewhere at some distant airport)
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Cake is “accidentally” vegan)
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1 – 2 cups chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Heat your oven to 375. Spray a 9X13 cake pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the cake mix into a bowl.
- Pour the can of pumpkin on top of the cake mix.
- Stir until well combined. Add chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until the brownies are done. (My oven is older so the 40 minutes worked well for me)
Next eat brownies and repeat steps 1 – 5 as necessary.