Even if you’re interested in moving toward a vegan diet, sometimes the idea of it can be overwhelming. Where do you even begin? Well, that’s why I’m talking with Jessica of the site Jessica in the Kitchen about Transitioning to a Vegan Diet. You can learn more about vegan diets through 10 Ways to be Vegan or my interview with Dr. Gregor about the health benefits of a plant-based diet via his book How Not to Die.
Jessica, with the site Jessica in the Kitchen, creates lovely vegan recipes that are easy to make and yet filling and delicious. I’ve been in touch with her across social media, so I decided to reach out and have a chat about something near and dear to my heart, Transitioning to a Vegan Diet. It’s not always easy so having resources available can be very important.
Listen in as Jessica and I discuss farmers markets, sustainable eating trends, weight control and just good ol’ delicious recipes. In fact, we passionately discuss some very tasty plant-based meat substitutes, including using chickpeas in tuna salad, tofu in egg salad, almond slivers as bacon, and even cauliflower as “chicken wings”. I haven’t shared that last one as a recipe with you all yet, but I plan to. It’s great, great stuff!
Our goal at Namely Marly is to provide you with inspiring resources to take on a vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, and inspired, energetic life. We hope today’s interview about Transitioning to a Vegan Diet has been helpful and informative.
Go be your best you!
Featured Content – Transitioning to a Vegan Diet
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Jessica, where we discuss:
- How she started her blog Jessica in the Kitchen
- The foods that were initially difficult to give up
- Why Jessica decided to take on a vegetarian diet
- What inspired Jessica to share her recipes via her blog
- The kinds of recipes that Jessica is inspired to share
- How she goes about testing her recipes
- Why she’s found inspiration at her local farmer’s market
This Transitioning to a Vegan Diet episode includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Check out the site Jessica in the Kitchen
- Related post: Listen to Life Design for Entrepreneurs by Ayse Birsel
- Related Post: Vegan Baking Guide
- Give a shout-out to Jessica and connect via Twitter and Instagram
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Namely Marly Podcast episodes, recipes, and thoughts on living an inspired life by subscribing to the Namely Marly newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
- Check out the other Namely Marly Podcast episodes.
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Namely Marly Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find the Namely Marly podcast too!
That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!