These are the days for healthy meals and today we’re sharing this Vegan Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe so you can get your healthy days started out right. Just imagine waking up to oatmeal with a creamy peanut butter flavor with chocolate chips and bananas. Pretty sweet! If you like healthy vegan breakfasts be sure to check out our gluten-free Vegan Biscuit Sandwich or our Avocado and Kale Scramble.
January is the month to focus on health. I guess it’s the start of the new year. A clean fresh start. It’s like the beginning of a new day. Right? I can confess to more than a few days where I haven’t started things out right. It doesn’t lead to an overall sense of well being.
But when I do things right? That’s a pretty sweet spot. I started my spin class at the community center. It’s two mornings a week at 6 am. The night before I’m always wondering why in the world I committed to getting up at 5:15, and when the alarm goes off, I’m always tempted to just sleep in. But somehow I manage to get there and I’m always glad I did it. An early morning workout is so invigorating!
So, when I get back, I like to have something healthy. One of my favorites is this Double Banana Smoothie. Now I’m adding overnight oats to the mix too.
Why You’ll Love Vegan Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
First, this might be the easiest meal every. Simply pour the ingredients into a bowl and stir. Then place it in the fridge overnight and voila! Breakfast is served!
This recipe is minimally sweetened and has Omega-3s from the chia seeds. We need those Omega-3s so let’s keep ’em coming! Also, you know that bananas have potassium, and the whole dish has a good amount of fiber in it too.
I like a one-stop-shopping kind of breakfast.
Look, we all know the importance of paying attention to our health. But how many of us actually do it? This Vegan Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe is a way to put your money where your mouth is. Walk the walk. Talk the talk. All of those quirky, but appropriate colloquialisms!
Even beyond the health benefits, starting your day with your goals in mind, is a perfect demonstration of self care. Also, this recipe is so creamy and delicious, you can even have it for dessert!
Even though I’m sharing this recipe with you, I don’t think you should follow it. That’s because the best recipe is the one you make your own! So I encourage you to play around. Make some changes. Add a splash of this or a dash of that. And if you need some ideas to get the noggin’ moving in the right direction, here’s some ways I would adapt this recipe:
- If you don’t have the powdered stuff, add some real peanut butter
- Sprinkle with some golden raisins for extra sweet
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to the mix
- Top with chopped peanuts
- I sweetened this with stevia, but you could try maple syrup
You can make this Vegan Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe your own!
We hope you love this recipe for Vegan Peanut Butter Overnight Oats as much as we do. If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or SnapChat (I’m @NamelyMarly). We LOVE seeing your photos!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter powder
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- ¾ cup plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free chocolate chips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granola
- banana slices
- Add the rolled oats, chia seeds, peanut butter powder and stevia in a bowl. Stir to combine. Add the milk. Stir and cover. Refrigerate at least two hours, up to overnight.
- Before serving stir in the chopped chocolate chips, reserving a few for the topping, along with the granola and banana slices.
If you’re into vegetarian or vegan oatmeal recipes, check these recipes out:
- Easy Vegan Baked Oatmeal by Eat Health Eat Happy
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal by Bakerita
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal by Holy Cow Vegan
- Or how about this French Vanilla Vegan Oatmeal by yours truly!!
Whatever vegan oatmeal you’re spooning, enjoy!