Pumpkin. Is it ever possible to get too much of it? The science isn’t clear on it, but surveys say…NO! That’s why today I’m sharing the recipe for these Vegan Pumpkin Magic Bars. If you love vegan and pumpkin in the same sentence (like we do) then you’ll be head over heals for these Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake or these Vegan Pumpkin Blondies.
Just look at that delicious melty chocolate! Makes you want to just reach into the screen and grab one. Right?
Personally, I just wish there was a way for me to let you smell these vegan pumpkin magic bars. They smell like pumpkin pie and chocolate dream bars all rolled into one. Magical!
These vegan pumpkin magic bars are good and rich so make them for your next family or friend dinner and share!
Why You’ll Love these Vegan Pumpkin Magic Bars
I’ve made more than a few vegan magic bars for y’all. First there were these vegan mini magic bars. So good! And then I made these Vegan Butterfinger Magic Bars. OK. Now I’m just being downright ridiculous…because who would have thunk vegan could be that delicious! [rhetorical]
Look, if you love rich, chocolate, coconut, and pumpkin desserts, then you’re in for a real treat! These bars are relatively easy to make and easily loved by vegans and non-vegans alike.
Also, pumpkin is full of beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant. Of course, you can get too much beta-carotene in your diet which would have the interesting side effect of turning your skin orange. Hmm. orange skin. What an interesting side effect. But no worries, no one’s skin will be taking on any creepy, unnatural colors from eating a little bit of pumpkin. It takes a lot to make that happen!
This recipe also includes cranberries and dark chocolate, and we know those are so good for us too! I’m not trying to suggest this recipe is a health food or anything, but it’s at least got some ingredients that add some healthy components to the mix.
Adapting the Recipe
Also, there’s not a recipe around that I wouldn’t like to mix up a little bit, so here are some ideas for how you could play around with this one:
- Play around with the cooking time. The longer you cook it the denser it is, but a reduced cooking time will result in a more pudding like consistency like in the photo above
- Use ginger snaps for the cookie crumb crust for a spicier flair
- Add about a half cup of raw oatmeal across the top before baking
- Instead of the dried cranberries, use golden raisins or dried cherries
Start feeling your oats and play around with these vegan pumpkin magic bars. Either way you slice it, you’re going to love the flavors of pumpkin, chocolate, and coconut.
We hope you love this recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Magic Bars as much as we do. If you decide to make them, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or SnapChat (I’m @NamelyMarly). We LOVE seeing your photos!
- Approximately 20 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 oz container vegan cream cheese*
- 1 recipe vegan sweetened condensed milk
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- Heat your oven to 350F. Give a light coating of vegetable spray on a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Place sandwich cookies in a food processor. Pulse until course crumbs form. Add coconut oil. Pulse again until a course crust is achieved. Press into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- In the same food processor bowl** add the vegan cream cheese, vegan sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin and spice. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the crust. Sprinkle the top with layers of: dried cranberries, coconut flakes, chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Bake 45 - 50 minutes.*** Some of the coconut flakes should be golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Finally, if you’re keen on gooey vegan pumpkin bars, take a look at these:
- Vegan Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hell, Yeah, It’s Vegan
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Bars by Oh She Glows
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Pie Bars by Keepin It Kind
- Vegan Pumpkin by yours truly
Whatever vegan pumpkin bars you’ve sidled up to, enjoy!