I hope you guys don’t mind, but I’m in a zone right now. If you’re curious about what kind of zone I’m in, this Cherry Cheesecake Vegan Cheese Ball might be a clue. I know I do this a lot, get fixated on a recipe and turn it into sequels. As Bryan Adams says, please forgive me.
Right now I’m on a sort of vegan cheese ball trend. I swear I started with only Gouda and Sage Vegan Cheese Ball in mind.
Come to find out, Gouda Vegan Cheese is a gateway cheese. It starts out innocently enough, but leads to more dark and decadent cheese balls.
I think I need help.
What I Love About this Cherry Cheesecake Vegan Cheese Ball
I took this dish to my book reading club where it received rave reviews. It always tickles my fancy when non-vegetarian folks like a dish like this. Of course, what’s not to like. In addition to a recipe with only six ingredients, this tasty, sweet appetizer takes only a little bit of time to throw together. After some time in the fridge to firm up, you’re ready to serve!
I also love the dried cherries disbursed throughout. And to be completely honest, the graham cracker crust is my favorite part of any cheesecake so having that crumbly mixture layered throughout the cheeseball is a nice touch too. Whatever you do, be sure to serve it with graham crackers. That’s what gives it the perfect finishing touch.
I think you’re going to love the creamy, lightly sweet flavor of this dish. It can be served as an appetizer or as a dessert. If you have some dairy-sensitive friends, they’ll appreciate something they can sink their teeth into.
I love preparing recipes like this one that leave everyone wondering how vegan could taste so damn good! Don’t you?
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Cherry Cheesecake Vegan Cheese Ball
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free margarine softened
- 8 oz container dairy-free cream cheese I use Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 container of Daiya Provolone Style Slices
- 2 packets of Truvia or sub ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup dried pitted cherries
- Graham crackers for serving
- Reserve about ¼ cup of the graham cracker crumbs to press on the outside of the cheesecake ball when it’s done.
- Prepare the Graham Cracker Crumb Mixture by placing the remaining graham cracker crumbs and the softened margarine in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Remove about half of this graham cracker crumb mixture into a separate bowl. Set aside.
- To the food processor with the graham cracker crumb mixture add the dairy-free cream cheese, provolone slices, and Truvia packets (or sugar). Pulse until smooth, stopping to push down ingredients as necessary. Add a handful of the dried cherries and pulse one more time for a second or two. The goal is to distribute the cherries throughout the mixture, but keeping them mostly whole.
- On a serving plate, spoon out a small portion of the cream cheese mixture. Over that spread a layer of the prepared graham cracker crumb mixture. Top this with a couple of the dried cherries. Then add another layer of the cream cheese mixture, followed by some of the graham cracker crumb mixture and a few dried cherries. Repeat these steps, finishing with the cream cheese mixture at the top. You will have a nice, tall stack of layers at this point. Use either a spoon (or your washed hands) to begin pressing the mixture down, smoothing the cream cheese part down around the sides. It’s alright if a few cherries or graham cracker crumbs show throw the sides, but mostly you want it to be cream cheese. Place a large bowl over the top of this and refrigerate about 10-15 minutes (or longer if possible), until the ball has firmed up.
- Before serving, sprinkle the cherry cheese cake ball with the reserved graham cracker crumbs. Serve with graham cracker pieces.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
To prove there’s nothing new in this world, I found some other sites with delicious twists of their own on a cheesecake cheese ball:
- Here’s a Cheesecake Cheese Ball from Butter With a Slice of Bread
- I love this Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cheese Ball by Chocolate-Covered Katie
- Check out this Lemon Cheesecake Cheese Ball served with Apple Slices by Annies Eats. Yum!
Whatever cheese ball you’re churning on…enjoy!