This Vegan Fluffy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie combines two of my favorite flavors, chocolate and peanut butter. Few things in life are as steadfast and loyal as peanut butter. I loved it as a child and I still go nuts (pardon the pun) for the stuff today! If you like chocolate and peanut butter as much as I do, take a look at this Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies or this Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.
The only thing I like better than peanut butter is combining it with chocolate. Well, that and I like my family too. But in a competition with chocolate and peanut butter? It’s hard to tell.
No! I’m just kidding. Really! My family would win, for sure. Hi honey! 🙂
The first time I attempted veganizing this recipe the result was what my daughter would call an “epic fail.” I don’t get the grammar in that statement, but I understand the intent. It was chocolate, peanut butter, and sugar so it tasted fine…it just didn’t look so great.
That’s so superficial!! We shouldn’t be judging a book by it’s cover. That said, it’s nice when a pie doesn’t look like a big, blobby mess.
Bill Watterson once said, “If you can’t control your peanut butter, you can’t expect to control your life.” I never thought peanut butter could be so zen. So if you’re looking for your controlled peanut butter nirvana, you’ve come to the right place. Chocolate, peanut butter, and Oreos. I think that’s my new mantra for the day!
Why You’ll Love Vegan Fluffy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
This recipe is lite, but yet decadent. I think it’s the vegan coconut cream filling in the middle, combined with the peanut butter that gives it the feeling of tasting lite. In reality, the chocolate crust and the chocolate glaze over the top makes this recipe so luscious!
This is a perfect dessert to serve at a family gathering or party with friends. First, it’s easy to make. Second, you can make it the day before and refrigerate it. Third, you’ll impress your people with some of the best of vegan deliciousness!
How and Why to Mix This Recipe Up a Little
OK, vegan fluffy chocolate peanut butter pie, we gonna mess you up! It’s about to hit the fan! Because what’s a recipe if you can’t play around with it; bend it to your will. Here are some ideas for how I would improvise on this vegan fluffy chocolate peanut butter pie:
- Use chunky peanut butter in the filling for a bit of a crunch
- Make a second batch of vegan coconut whipped cream and serve a dollop on each piece
- Drizzle with melted chocolate chips to prove you CAN gild a lily
- Try using almond butter if that suits your tastes better
- You can also melt some peanut butter and drizzle that over the top as well
Whatever way you play around with this recipe, as long as you have chocolate, sugar, and peanut butter, it’s gonna be good as gold!
We hope you love this recipe for Vegan Fluffy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie as much as we do! If you decide to make it, be sure to snap a photo and share it using #namelymarly on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Vegan Fluffy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 2 cups Oreo Cookies*
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese softened*
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can coconut milk , refrigerated overnight*
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 350F.
- In your food processor place approximately 20 – 25 Oreos and pulse for several seconds until the cookies are finely crushed. Add the vegan butter and pulse until well-combined. Press the cookie crumb crust into the bottom of a 9″ spring form pan (a pie pan will work well here too). Bake the crust for 5 – 7 minutes to set. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine the vegan cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Use your mixer to beat these ingredients together until they’re on the fluffy side. Set aside the bowl, but not the mixer.
- Next you want to get out that can of coconut milk that’s been sitting in the fridge overnight. The reason you took that step was to help separate the fat part of the milk from the runny stuff at the bottom. So in a separate bowl spoon out the thick, fatty part of the coconut milk, leaving behind the runny stuff at the bottom of the can. (Don’t throw out that runny stuff…we’ll need that for the Chocolate Topping).
- Get out your mixer again (don’t even worry about cleaning the beaters…it’s all going to be combined in the end) and whip the coconut milk on high for several minutes until you’ve got a nice whipped consistency. The stiffer the peaks the better. Fold your coconut whipped goodness into the peanut butter mixture and stir them all together.*
- Pour the peanut butter filling on top of the cooled cookie crust and place in the refrigerator until set, about an hour.
- Next, in a small bowl combine the chocolate chips and 4 – 5 tablespoons of the thin, runny coconut milk at the bottom of the can. If there wasn't much of the thin coconut milk, add a tablespoon or two of plant-based milk. Microwave this for 33 seconds. Carefully remove the bowl from the oven and top with a plate for about a minute, then stir until blended. If it's all melted, great. If not, return it to the microwave for 10 seconds or so. By this point the chocolate should be all melted. Stir it a little more and then let it set to cool for a few minutes so that it's still warm, but not hot. Spread the chocolate topping over the chilled peanut butter filling. Top with chopped peanuts (optional).
- Cover and store in the fridge before serving.
- Depending on the size of slices you cut, this pie could serve as many as 16. I happen to like smaller slices like that so I don’t feel so guilty about going back for seconds.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Finally, if you love chocolate peanut butter desserts, take a gander at these:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups by Healthy Happy Life
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Bars by Detoxinista
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge by Ambitious Kitchen
- Why not check out these Vegan Peanut Butter Cups by yours truly!
Whatever chocolate peanut butter dish your delighting on, enjoy!