Enjoy the crispy, flaky crust of these Easy Vegan Chocolate Croissants with Raspberries made in less than 30 minutes and only FIVE ingredients. This super easy brunch recipe boasts a flaky golden crust and a melted chocolate middle! Indulge yourself today with this this foolproof dairy-free chocolate croissant recipe.
This is a month of unintentional raspberries. It’s a little early I know, but then again, it’s good to be prepared. Besides, with spring in full force, there’s no time like the present to get those raspberry recipes ready to go. Today I’m sharing with you my super Easy Vegan Chocolate Croissants with raspberries. How can croissants be easy? Just read on and find out for yourself. If you like sweet breakfasts like we do, check out my Vegan Baked Blackberry Donut recipe. So so good. Or you might also like my crispy, tender Coffee Cake. It’s the pumpkin seeds that sets it apart.
I went on a diet recently. I talked about it on my Vegan Shopping Essentials: Favorite Plant Based Powders episode of the podcast. Because, well, I’m trying to lose a few pounds. My jeans have gotten a little snug lately and I want to do something about it.
So I went on a 4-Hour Body rampage. Maybe you know about this book by Tim Ferriss? It is interesting and definitely a challenge for a vegan to go low carb and high protein. But there are some great tips in the book about regulating blood sugar, like using cinnamon and lemon juice.
Do you want to know my favorite part about that diet? Saturday cheat days!
I looked forward to them all week.
I think it’s because I’ve always dreamed of being the person who could eat whatever she wants. Seriously. Once I was at Starbucks and one of the workers put a notebook at the front and asked one question: If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Sometimes I struggle answering questions like these, but not this one. I knew/know exactly what super power I want.
My superpower would be…I can eat whatever I want and look awesome in a bikini. And I’m passed the point where I’m trying to look awesome in a bikini for other people. I want it entirely for myself. Just so I can feel amazing in it.
It’s not the nobel peace prize, or a pulitzer, but it’s a start. And who knows, if one has the confidence in themselves to eat it all and rock a bikini, maybe they could start on that pulitzer next!
Just sayin’…it’s possible.
So, on my Saturday cheat days, these easy vegan chocolate croissants are my favorite thing to make. It doesn’t take a lot of time to eat, but it’s oh so good!
Will I stick with the diet? That remains to be seen…but I think the Saturday cheat days will live on!
Why You’ll Love Easy Vegan Chocolate Croissants
When I say it’s easy? Let me explain. It’s really, really easy. If you know how to turn your oven on, you’ve got this recipe mastered. Look, at first I was determined I was going to make vegan croissant dough from scratch. But, let me tell you, it’s a lot of work. If you’re into a lot of work in the kitchen, I encourage you to give it a go. I just wanted the results (aka, layers of flaky crust with a bit of chocolate in the middle…instantly!
I combined two favorite flavors, chocolate and raspberries. It’s so perfect! All you need to make this recipe is: puff pastry, dark chocolate, raspberries, and some plant-based milk.
That. Is. It.
Oh, well, and an appetite. After a week of waiting for my cheat day? I had the appetite locked and loaded!
Easy Chocolate Croissants
The puff pastry is so melt-in-your-mouth tender, and the soft, melted chocolate inside combined with the raspberry is perfection. You know, I had to add a chocolate drizzle to some of them, but you can skip that part if you’d like.
So, I grew up in a small, small town (less than 1K people), and the idea that I’d want a vegan chocolate croissant on my cheat day? Well, it kinda blows my mind. I think the only pastry I had as a child was a donut, and I don’t even know if that counts as a pastry.
But there’s something about this flaky crust combined with the bittersweet dark chocolate that will rock your world. Also, from start to finish, this takes about 30 minutes. Of course, you’ll want to let them cool for a few minutes so you don’t burn your tongue on the hot chocolate.
I may be speaking from experience. 🙂
Be The Chef
Look, these easy vegan chocolate croissants are pretty perfect in my mind. But that’s just ME! You may see this recipe and get inspired to take it in another direction. Don’t worry, it won’t hurt my feelings. In fact, I LOVE to think that my recipe inspired you to do something different. I say GO FOR IT! If you’d like a few ideas to get the ball rolling, here are some ideas for how you can be the chef and take over this recipe:
- Not into raspberries (WHA???), try a blackberry instead
- I used bittersweet chocolate, but I think semi-sweet could work too
- Replace the raspberry with a little dab of peanut butter (Reese’s anyone?)
- Or replace the chocolate with a little dab of peanut butter & jelly (PB&J anyone?)
- You could make a raspberry drizzle for the top by combining a crushed raspberry with powdered sugar
- Feel free to do “chocolate only” for a simple, delicious croissant bite
- Instead of a drizzle you could sprinkle the top with powdered sugar
I could go on all day, but I know you’ve got things to do…like making these easy vegan chocolate croissants with raspberries. Of course, I love to have a hot cocoa with my croissant, and my Vegan Tea Infused Hot Cocoa does the trick. Why not make up a double batch of mix and match and use all of the ideas above! Or use your own to make a truly unique easy vegan chocolate croissants.
In closing, one more word about this puff pastry. There are several accidentally vegan products on the market. I make a lot of things from scratch, but it sure is nice to have more and more vegan products to choose from. It makes a vegan diet so much more accessible…and easy! I have created a guide to help you with these so you too can take on a vegan lifestyle with ease too.
We hope you love this recipe for Easy Vegan Chocolate Croissants with Raspberries. I know we sure do! If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or SnapChat (I’m @NamelyMarly). We LOVE seeing your creations!
Easy Vegan Chocolate Croissants
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets Thawed
- 1/4 cup Plant-Based Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vegan Butter Melted
- 1 4 oz bar Baker's Bittersweet Dark Chocolate Broken into pieces
- 12 Raspberries Fresh
- Heat your oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When you unroll your puff pastry sheet, you'll see the lines where it was folded in thirds. Use a knife to cut the pastry sheet along those lines. Then turn the sheet and create three cuts on the long side of the sheets too. That will leave you with 12 approximate squares of pastry sheets.
- In a bowl combine the plant-based milk and melted vegan butter. Stir to combine.
- Break the Chocolate bar into pieces following the lines on the chocolate.
- Brush the milk mixture over the top of one of the squares. Place a chocolate piece on the end of that piece. Place one fresh raspberry on top of the chocolate and roll the pastry dough up tightly over the chocolate. Place that seam side down on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry squares.
- Brush the top of each unbaked pastry with the plant-based milk mixture. This will help ensure a golden topped crust. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden on top.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving because the chocolate in the middle remains hot.
- Optional: Drizzle with melted chocolate for added allure.
Finally, if you’re into vegetarian and/or vegan chocolate breakfast recipes, check these out:
- Vegan Chocolate Babka by Everyday Vegan Cooking
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins from Show me the Yummy
- Vegan Chocolate Nutella No-Bake Breakfast Bites by The Big Man’s World
- Oh and hey! What about these Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts by lil’ ol’ me!
So, whatever breakfast drizzled in chocolate you’re chortling over, enjoy!