This Easy Vegan Croissants recipe with chocolate and raspberries creates a crispy, flaky croissant! This vegan croissant recipe is made in less than 30 minutes and uses only FIVE ingredients. Easy vegan brunch recipes like vegan puff pastry croissants boast a flaky golden crust and a melted chocolate middle! Indulge today with this this foolproof dairy-free chocolate croissant recipe.
Today I’m sharing my super Easy Vegan Chocolate Filled Croissants recipe with raspberries. How can croissants be easy? Just read on and find out for yourself.
On my weekend cheat days, these easy vegan chocolate croissants are my favorite thing to make. It doesn’t take a lot of time to make or eat, but it’s oh so good!
Why You’ll Love Easy Vegan Chocolate Croissants
When I say this vegan croissant recipe is easy? Let me explain. It’s really, really easy. If you know how to turn your oven on, you’ve got this recipe mastered.
At first I was determined to make chocolate croissant recipe from scratch. But, let me tell you, it’s a lot of work. If you’re into a lot of work in the kitchen, I encourage you to give it a go. I just wanted the results (aka, layers of flaky crust with a bit of chocolate in the middle…instantly!
Vegan Croissant Ingredients
All you need to make this croissant with chocolate is:
- puff pastry sheets (I used Pepperidge Farms which are accidentally vegan)
- dark chocolate (I used 80% dark chocolate bars)
- plant-based milk.
That. Is. It.
Oh, well, and an appetite. After a week of waiting for my cheat day? I had the appetite locked and loaded!
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Croissants
If you’re wondering how to make chocolate croissants, you’ve come to the right place! Here are the simple steps to make vegan croissants:
- Remove a puff pastry sheet from the freezer and allow it to thaw slightly (it should still be chilled)
- Cut into rectangles
- Coat the top with plant-based milk
- Add a piece of the chocolate bar and a raspberry and roll it
- Place rolled dough pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake 10 – 15 minutes, until the top of the pastry is golden brown
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.
Easy Chocolate Croissant Recipe
The puff pastry is so melt-in-your-mouth tender, and the soft, melted chocolate inside combined with the raspberry is perfection. You know, I had to add a chocolate drizzle to some of them, but you can skip that part if you’d like.
So, I grew up in a small, small town (less than 1K people), and the idea that I’d want a homemade chocolate croissant on my cheat day? Well, it kinda blows my mind.
But there’s something about this flaky crust combined with the bittersweet dark chocolate that will rock your world. Also, from start to finish, this takes about 30 minutes. Of course, you’ll want to let them cool for a few minutes so you don’t burn your tongue on the hot chocolate.
I may be speaking from experience. 🙂
Use these expert tips and tricks to make these easy vegan chocolate croissants perfect every time:
- You want the puff pastry to be thawed enough to work with and pliable, but not completely room temperature. Slightly chilled is best.
- The plant-based milk helps create sticky surface so that the rolled croissant stays rolled
- Not into raspberries (WHA???), try a blackberry instead
- I used bittersweet chocolate (80% chocolate), but semi-sweet could work too
- Replace the raspberry with a little dab of peanut butter
- Or replace the chocolate with a little dab of peanut butter & jelly (PB&J anyone?)
- You could make a raspberry drizzle for the top by combining a crushed raspberry with powdered sugar
- Feel free to do “chocolate only” for a simple, delicious croissant bite
- Instead of a drizzle you could sprinkle the top with powdered sugar
I could go on all day, but I know you’ve got things to do…like making these easy vegan chocolate croissants with raspberries.
Of course, I love to have a hot cocoa with my croissant, and my Vegan Tea Infused Hot Cocoa does the trick. Why not make up a double batch of mix and match and use all of the ideas above! Or use your own to make a truly unique easy vegan chocolate croissants.
Vegan Breakfast Recipes
Do you love vegan breakfast recipes? Be sure and try these Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts. Sprinkles are not required but they sure are fun!
These Vegan Banana Muffins are the best and you’ll love that crumble topping!
Of course, egg-free pancakes are a go-to favorite. I love them for meal prepping because I can make a batch on the weekend and freeze the leftovers for easy “pop in the toaster” pancakes any day of the week!
We hope you love this recipe for Easy Vegan Chocolate Croissants with Raspberries. I know we sure do! If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or SnapChat (I’m @NamelyMarly). We LOVE seeing your creations!
Easy Vegan Chocolate Croissants
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets Thawed
- 1/4 cup Plant-Based Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vegan Butter Melted
- 1 4 oz bar Baker’s Bittersweet Dark Chocolate Broken into pieces
- 12 Raspberries Fresh
- Heat your oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When you unroll your puff pastry sheet, you’ll see the lines where it was folded in thirds. Use a knife to cut the pastry sheet along those lines. Then turn the sheet and create three cuts on the long side of the sheets too. That will leave you with 12 approximate squares of pastry sheets.
- In a bowl combine the plant-based milk and melted vegan butter. Stir to combine.
- Break the Chocolate bar into pieces following the lines on the chocolate.
- Brush the milk mixture over the top of one of the squares. Place a chocolate piece on the end of that piece. Place one fresh raspberry on top of the chocolate and roll the pastry dough up tightly over the chocolate. Place that seam side down on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry squares.
- Brush the top of each unbaked pastry with the plant-based milk mixture. This will help ensure a golden topped crust. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until golden on top.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving because the chocolate in the middle remains hot.
- Optional: Drizzle with melted chocolate for added allure.
Finally, if you’re into vegetarian and/or vegan chocolate breakfast recipes, check these out:
So, whatever breakfast drizzled in chocolate you’re chortling over, enjoy!