This Easy Peanut Butter Banana Cookies recipe provides a delicious frosted cookie. Healthy Banana Cookie Recipes are made without eggs or dairy creating a delicious go-to vegan cookie! The soft banana cookies are topped with a peanut butter glaze. Make banana cookie dough with oatmeal and chocolate chips too.
If you’re wondering what to do with ripe bananas, I have an idea. There’s something about bananas in baked goods that is so comforting. In fact, this recipe actually makes me think of a banana bread cookie. It’s perfect!
I made lightly sweet healthy banana cookies and then topped them with a peanut butter glaze.
I might need an intervention very soon so I don’t eat the whole batch of banana peanut butter cookies myself.
How to Make Banana Cookies
Cookies made with bananas are easy to make. Follow these steps:
Step One: Cream Butter and Sugar
To make banana peanut butter cookies, begin with mixing vegan butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add mashed bananas, plant-based milk, and ground flaxseed. Beat for one more minute.
Step Two: Combine Dry Ingredients
In a separate bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine and then add that to the banana mixture.
Step Three: Bake the Cookie Dough
Drop the cookie dough batter onto cookie sheets and bake for 9 – 12 minutes. For a crispy cookie, bake the full 12 minutes.
For a soft cookie, bake for 9 minutes. It may seem too soft when it comes out of the oven, but it will firm up as it cools.
Step Four: Peanut Butter Frosting
We love recipes for banana cookie…especially when peanut butter is involved and that’s why I added a small dollop of peanut butter frosting.
It’s easy to make. Simply combine peanut butter with plant-based milk. Heat that in a microwave and stir it together and then add powdered sugar. Stir that together and then once the cookies cool, smear over the top of each.
Use these expert tips to make these banana drop cookies perfect every time:
- This recipe calls for vegan butter. I used Earth Balance.
- This is an eggless cookie recipe and it uses flaxseed in place of eggs
- Transform these into banana nut cookies by adding a 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts to the batter
- I call for ripe bananas. If your bananas are not ripe, I love these hacks to quickly ripen your bananas
- Make these easy cookies sugar free by using brown sugar Swerve for the cookies and powdered Swerve for the frosting
- You can also have these as gluten-free banana cookies by using gluten free baking flour instead of all purpose flour
- Add a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the batter to make these into banana chocolate chip cookies
- Add a 1/2 cup of instant oatmeal in place of the cornstarch to make peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies! With oats added, you could almost serve these as breakfast cookies!
Do You Love Peanut Butter and Banana Recipes?
If you love these healthy banana peanut butter cookies, then you’ll definitely want to try some other peanut butter and banana recipes, like these:
- This Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cake is made with a drizzle of chocolate and peanut butter!
- Chunky Monkey Cookies combine peanut butter and chocolate and bananas for the best combinations of flavor and texture
- For another favorite, try this go-to Chunky Monkey Cake that’s so easy to make and delicious every time!
- And for simple, healthy peanut butter cookies recipe, this is the best!
- If you’re looking for healthy banana recipes, these Chocolate Banana Brownies are absolutely divine!
These easy banana cookies are fun to make and share. Take them to your next office party or social event!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Frosted Banana Cookies
- 1 cup vegan butter , softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ salt
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat your oven to 350F.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and mix on high for 3 – 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the mashed banana, soy milk, and ground flax seed. Beat for another minute.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Stir until combined. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and beat one more time until combined.
- Use a cookie dough scooper to drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets, being sure to leave a good inch or two between cookies to allow some room for spread. Bake for 9 – 12 minutes, depending on how you like your cookies. The edges should be a light golden color.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the pan before placing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare your frosting by combing peanut butter and milk in a bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds and then stir to combine. Add powdered sugar and stir until combined. Set aside until the cookies are ready to be frosted.
- Once cookies have cooled completely, spread a dollop of frosting across each.
Enjoy these Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies!