These delicious Frosted Banana Cookies are easy to make and includes a simple peanut butter frosting. You’ll love this crispy banana cookie recipe with easy instructions.
There’s something about bananas in baked goods that is so comforting. In fact, this recipe actually makes me think of banana bread cookie. It’s perfect.
I made a lightly sweet banana cookie and then topped it with a peanut butter glaze.
The two together are perfection!
I might need an intervention very soon so I don’t eat the whole batch myself.
How to Make Banana Cookies
Cookies made with bananas are easy to make. It begins by mixing vegan butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add mashed bananas, plant-based milk, and ground flaxseed. Beat for one more minute.
In a separate bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine and then add that to the banana mixture.
Drop the cookie dough batter onto cookie sheets and bake for 9 – 12 minutes. For a crispy cookie, bake the full 12 minutes. For a soft cookie, bake for 9 minutes. It may seem too soft when it comes out of the oven, but it will firm up as it cools.
We love banana cookie recipes…especially when peanut butter is involved and that’s why I added a small dollop of peanut butter frosting.
It’s easy to make. Simply combine peanut butter with plant-based milk. Heat that in a microwave and stir it together and then add powdered sugar. Stir that together and then once the cookies cool, smear over the top of each.
Use these expert tips to make these banana drop cookies perfect every time:
- This recipe calls for vegan butter. I used Earth Balance.
- This is an eggless cookie recipe and it uses flaxseed in place of eggs
- Transform these into banana nut cookies by adding a 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts to the batter
- I call for ripe bananas. If your bananas are not ripe, I love these hacks to quickly ripen your bananas
- Make these easy cookies sugar free by using brown sugar Swerve for the cookies and powdered Swerve for the frosting
- You can also have these as gluten-free banana cookies by using gluten free baking flour instead of all purpose flour
- Add a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the batter to make these into banana chocolate chip cookies.
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Frosted Banana Cookies
- 1 cup vegan butter , softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ salt
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat your oven to 350F.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and mix on high for 3 – 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the mashed banana, soy milk, and ground flax seed. Beat for another minute.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Stir until combined. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and beat one more time until combined.
- Use a cookie dough scooper to drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets, being sure to leave a good inch or two between cookies to allow some room for spread. Bake for 9 – 12 minutes, depending on how you like your cookies. The edges should be a light golden color.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the pan before placing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare your frosting by combing peanut butter and milk in a bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds and then stir to combine. Add powdered sugar and stir until combined. Set aside until the cookies are ready to be frosted.
- Once cookies have cooled completely, spread a dollop of frosting across each.