Enjoy this vegan, keto dessert of Frozen Strawberry Bites as a refreshing, delicious treat. These frozen treats are perfect for summertime recipes, but delicious any time of year!
I had so much fun making Frozen Banana Bites (inspired by my lovely mother-in-law, Diane) and because I live by the motto, “more is better” I decided to try a different approach to freezing chocolate around chunks of fruit. We need to get our fruit in each day, right?
And thanks to a give-away on Mardi’s site, Eat Live Travel Write, I won an entire flat of strawberries from the California Giant Berry Farms. Translation? A nice stash of freshly sliced and frozen strawberries…ready for a chocolate bath!
One of the best benefits of sharing recipes on my site is every now and then I have a recipe like this one that requires a photo with a bite taken. How else can I show you the goodies inside?
I don’t know why, but this shot required that I take oodles of nibbles from a lot of Frozen Strawberry Bites. You know what they say, it’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it!
Look, I’m in the same boat as most everyone else. The terrifying thought of swimsuit season is looming too closely in the near future. I’m taking the necessary steps to get ready (goodbye potato chips, hello elliptical machine!).
But being healthy doesn’t mean living a life of deprivation. Imagine this: a bit of fruit covered in dark chocolate and frozen so there’s a crisp crunch when you bite into it. It’s so fulfilling, you’ll find yourself satisfied with just one. Well, make that two because you know what I say? More is better!
Frozen Strawberry Bites
- 3 fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup Lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Remove stems and chop strawberries into small bite-size chunks.
- Place chocolate in a small saucepan with coconut oil and melt over low heat.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place a dollop of melted chocolate on the waxed paper, then place a piece of chopped strawberry on top and add a little bit of melted chocolate on top of the strawberry. Use a spoon or knife to spread the chocolate in order to thoroughly cover the strawberry. Continue this process until the chocolate is gone.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set. Then transfer to a freezer bag.
Chocolate has a way of setting so beautifully on the tray. These Frozen Strawberry Bites will look and taste delicious enough to serve for yourself and for guests!