Today it’s time to talk fitness! What do you think of when you contemplate a vegan? Be honest. Is it a crunchy, granola hipster with birkenstocks and a cup of cold brew? Well, if that’s what you thought, you’re not alone. But today I’m talking about to Ella Magers, otherwise known as the Sexy Fit Vegan about getting sexy fit abs.
If you’ve been contemplating a vegan diet because you want to be fit and healthy, then today’s show is for you! Because oftentimes I focus on the holistic side of eating — whether that be finding the joy, indulgence or health of it — and forget to talk about the fitness side as much.
It takes a little (or a lot) of both!
That’s why today I’m talking with Ella Magers of the site Sexy Fit Vegan about how you can use a plant-based diet combined with a structured fitness routine for getting sexy fit abs in six weeks!
Ella talks about how she was passionate about animals from an early age and that’s why she became a certified personal trainer and a master’s degree in social work. Understanding body and mind is the best way to change behaviors.
I created recipes that were easy to do but also very satisfying and delicious and flavorful. — Ella Magers, @sexyfitvegan
I recommend one full rest day a week; recovery is just as important as the workout. Ella Magers, @sexyfitvegan
Make yourself a ‘no excuse’ policy for working out. — Ella Magers, @sexyfitvegan
Fruit is good for you. Don’t let anyone tell you any different. Eat fruit! — SexyFitVegan
We hope today’s episode of the Namely Marly Podcast inspires you to go out and live a passion-filled life!
Featured Content – Getting Sexy Fit Abs
In today’s episode you’ll learn about:
- Why Ella decided at an early age that she didn’t want to eat meat
- Ella’s conversion to a plant-based, vegan diet
- Why Ella became certified as a personal trainer and her goal in working with her clients
- Why Ella earned a master’s degree in social work and how she believes that helps her with the work she does with her clients
- My two favorite chai teas, one of which is caffeine free
- My favorite and stylish way to track daily activity and sleep
- Speaking of sleep, I have a new morning trick to get better sleep each night
- What I’ve been reading in March
- What I’ve been watching in March
- What’s coming up next week on the podcast
NMP Show Notes:
The following links should help you connect with the discussion from today’s show:
- Ella Mager is the Sexy Fit Vegan
- Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Holistic Holiday at Sea
- Colin Campbell, PhD
- Robert Cheeke Vegan Body Building
- Brendan Brazier with Vega
- What are battling ropes
- What is a burpee
- Next week I’ll be sharing my interview with Dreena Burton of the Plant-Powered Kitchen
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Namely Marly Podcast episodes, recipes, and thoughts on living an inspired life by subscribing to the Namely Marly newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
- Check out the other Namely Marly Podcast episodes.
- Affiliate links are denoted with an asterisk above. We choose affiliates based on products and/or services that provide high value to our readers. These affiliates come at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Namely Marly!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Namely Marly Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find the Namely Marly podcast too!
That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!
Health + Happiness to you!