Enjoy this nice twist on the classic recipe, Green Chili Hummus with Salsa. You can serve it with chips or crackers, but the savory hummus combines perfectly with the fresh salsa served over the top!
Note: This post has been sponsored by Fresh Cravings. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Earn $1.00 back on your purchase of Fresh Cravings salsa using this iBotta offer!
My favorite thing to bring to a party is chips and dip. I love the flavors and I particularly love how easy it is to talk with people whenever dip is involved. That’s one reason I’m loving this Green Chili Hummus with Salsa. It’s easy to make and a perfect mingler for your next party!
How to Make Green Chili Hummus
I love easy appetizer recipes when I’m throwing a party. For example, Shawn and I regularly host friends over to play ping pong. Or there are also big game days! However you slice it, easy dip recipes are perfect because they’re finger foods and not too taxing to make, which means you can enjoy the party too!
You can make this green chili hummus by combining the ingredients in a food processor and then pulse away. Here are some of the ingredients:
- 15 oz can of Chickpeas
- Greens (I used power greens, but spinach works too)
- Tahini (which is sesame seeds paste, but you can sub almond butter)
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Garlic Powder (I prefer powder to fresh garlic in dips)
- Chopped Green Chilis
- 14 oz container of Fresh Cravings Salsa
The green chili hummus on its own is pretty good, but the bold flavors of the Fresh Cravings Salsa is what makes this dip outstanding!
Having ingredients readily available is important when you’re planning a party. I like to write out all the recipes I will be making and then create my shopping list. The more things I can get at one store, the fewer stops I have to make. You can find Fresh Craving Salsa in the chilled produce section of Walmart (right next to the bagged salads).
Fresh is Best
I love fresh, bold flavors in my food. That’s one reason why Fresh Cravings Salsa, made with fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes and delicious vegetables, is so perfect with this green chili hummus. This refrigerated salsa has an authentic taste, something you won’t find in a jarred salsa. You’ll taste the flavors coming through in every bite!
The other thing I’m also mindful of, is cost. If you’re the one throwing the party, it can get expensive really fast! So, it’s great that this recipe is so affordable. You can buy a 16 ounce container of Fresh Cravings Salsa for $2.98 compared to $3.48 for some jarred salsas!
Speaking of cost, you can earn $1.00 back on your purchase of Fresh Cravings salsa using this iBotta offer!
I used the chunky Fresh Cravings Salsa, but there’s also a restaurant-style variety as well.
Adapting this Recipe
You know, I love this recipe. In fact, I even added some greens to this green chili hummus, because I’m always looking for ways to add a little bit of healthy to my recipes. Also, I used the juice from the salsa to make the hummus the right consistency. Now, if you end up getting too much liquid in the hummus and you want it to be thicker, I recommend adding a tablespoon of ground flax seed. That will add a little bit more “healthy” to the recipe, and provide some thickening too. Ground flaxseed is good for that.
However, you might want to change things around to suit your own tastes. I wholeheartedly agree! In fact, I’ll even help you get started. Here are some ways you could adapt this green chili hummus recipe:
- Add some hot sauce or red chili flakes to make this extra spicy 🔥
- Have some fresh cilantro handy and chop some fresh leaves over the top
- Add some of the salsa directly to the hummus in the food processor and then add more on top
- Serve with crackers or pita chips instead of tortilla chips.
There are plenty of ideas for adapting this recipe — I think you’ll love them all! I love serving this green chili hummus and salsa with nachos. It goes perfectly with my Vegan Loaded Nachos recipe!
We hope you love this Green Chili Hummus with Salsa as much as we do! If you decide to make it, be sure to snap a photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Green Chili Hummus with Salsa
- 15 oz Canned Chickpeas , drained
- 2 tablespoons Tahini , or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 4 oz Canned Green Chilis
- 8 oz Fresh Cravings Salsa
- ½ cup Fresh Spinach *
- Combine the chickpeas, tahini, nutritional yeast flakes, garlic powder, green chilis, and spinach in a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds until coarse and crumbly.
- Place a colander over a bowl and pour the Fresh Cravings Salsa into the colander to strain the liquid.
- Use the liquid and one tablespoon at a time, add it to the food processor and pulse until you reach a desired, spreadable consistency (between 2 - 4 tablespoons should do it).
- Spoon the Green Chili Hummus into a serving dish and top with the strained Fresh Cravings Salsa. Be sure to keep any remaining salsa on hand for those who like to add additional salsa. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
- Keep refrigerated until time to serve. When refrigerated, this dish will last 3 - 4 days in the fridge. It can made ahead and frozen for up to a month.