Today it’s time for April Favorites. I’m sharing with you things from April that left a notable impression, including both things and thoughts. This month I’m talking about dreams, authenticity, music, tropical tea and more! Check out the links below to learn more about each of these.
We were anticipating that April would be the beginning of Spring, but we’re still wearing our winter coats for the morning walk with the dogs. But we’ve definitely been getting outside and enjoying the weather. In fact, it was Shawn’s birthday in April and so I got him a Withings watch, like mine, and now we’re working to get our 10,000 steps every day. It’s nice to have companionship on a goal like that and now Shawn is passionate about getting those steps in every day as well!
I also had a dream about bluebirds which I believe has helped me get over the heavy emotional toll of grief.
We also went out to see some live music. I loved that. In fact, I had such a great time, I’m hoping we can make it a regular thing. You know, it’s just so easy to get in the habit of watching a show at home. It’s comfortable. But sometimes I feel it’s necessary to be purposeful about getting out. Julia Cameron calls these artists dates. I can see why because getting outside of your comfort zone can really feed your soul.
I have a goal of going to the museum entirely by myself. Now that I’ve “said that” out loud, it may need to be a goal to “report” on that for May Favorites! 🙂
I continue to love the topic of authenticity. I think I’m so fascinated by it because of my tendency to be a people pleaser…for most of my life! So at what point do you know what/who is the real you!
I continue to talk with people about this topic and I continue to read about it. And the other day I wrote this in my journal:
You are the author of your own life when you are authentic. So the big question becomes, how can you become authentic? Being authentic is about listening to your IM (inner Me) and having the divine, sovereign authority and personal expression to allow your outsides to match your IM. — Marly McMillen
I’ll share more about authenticity soon, but today is all about, Tropical Green Tea, forest candles, finding ways to stay active every day, finding tools like my stylish Withings watch to help me track my activity, shows I’ve watched, books I’ve read, and what you can expect next week on the Namely Marly Podcast!
Featured Content – NMP April Favorites
In today’s episode you’ll learn about:
- My thoughts on dreams and how they can help you, even through things like grief
- My new favorite tropical green tea
- Shawn’s new favorite and stylish way to track daily activity and sleep
- What I’ve been reading in April
- What I’ve been watching in April
- Shawn and I went to watch a band play live and how I hope to make that a more common occurrence in the future
- What’s coming up next week on the podcast
NMP Show Notes:
- Harney & Sons Tropical Green Tea
- Check out my Withings Activé Watch that tracks both my steps and my sleep…and tells the time too! I have the coral watch and now Shawn has the black one after I bought it for him for his birthday in April!
- Waxing Kara Forest Soy Candle
- Dance of the Dissident Daughter by Sue Monk Kidd
- Related Post: Dreena Burton talking about Plant-Powered Families (and avocados)
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is my favorite show for April. We’re currently watching season two and loving it!
- We are loving this Vegan Deviled Ham Spread recipe
- Shawn and I went to see Ian Moore live in concert in April. He is an amazing performer. We invited friends to join us and they loved him too. Luminaria is one of my favorite albums of his.
- Next week I’ll be sharing my interview with author, vegan chef and wellness coach, Tess Challis.
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Namely Marly Podcast episodes, recipes, and thoughts on living an inspired life by subscribing to the Namely Marly newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
- Check out the other Namely Marly Podcast episodes.
- This post contains affiliate links. We choose affiliates based on products and/or services that provide high value to our readers. These affiliates come at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Namely Marly!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Namely Marly Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find the Namely Marly podcast too!
That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!
Health + Happiness to you!