This Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe combines the best flavors into a tender, healthy cookie recipe! Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies are made with oatmeal and orange zest for even more deliciousness in every bite! You’ll love these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies as an afternoon treat any day of the week!
Can you have too many things going on in a cookie? I’m sure you can. Maybe we could call that the “fruit cake cookie.” Your thoughts might be tempted to steer in that direction as I describe the ingredients in this cookie recipe.
I have to admit this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe does sound a little over the top. All I can say is the ingredients all come together so nicely and deliciously that when you’re eating them, fruit cake will be the furthest thing from your mind.
So, come with me on an over-the-top journey to discover these delicious little jewels, pumpkin chip cookies!
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Want to try making these yummy pumpkin choc chip cookies? I have listed down a few easy steps that you can follow and believe me when I say easy, it really is. Start by heating your oven to 350F.
Step One: Cream Wet Ingredients
Start this pumpkin chocolate chip recipe with a mixing bowl. Use a mixer to blend together the vegan butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Blend until light and fluffy. There’s a reason why to cream butter and sugar together to make the best cookies!
Next, add the pumpkin puree, vanilla, orange zest, and ground flaxseed and mix again until well combined.
Step Two: Combine Dry Ingredients
Scoot the pumpkin mixture to one side and add the flour, cornstarch, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt on the other side. Stir until combined. Slowly incorporate the wet and dry ingredients together.
Step Three: Add Chocolate Chips and Other Ingredients
Add walnuts and dark chocolate chips and stir until each are distributed throughout the cookie dough.
Step Four: Drop And Bake
Use a cookie dispenser to drop cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet approximately 1″ apart.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes each. Do not overbake! We want soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Once they’re done, remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
So, what’s really going on with these pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips? I mean, really? Well, you might want to sit down for this one. Or not. But these cookies boast a little bit of peanut butter, pumpkin, the zest of one orange, oatmeal, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
It’s a mouthful, I know. In fact, these pumpkin chocolate cookies are a mouthful one after another after another.
Love Vegan Cookies?
Sure, these easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are fabulous! But what if you want to try some more vegan cookies? I mean, we can’t live on pumpkin choc cookies alone! Well, I recommend trying these out:
- These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best ever!
- For a nutty cookie, these Pecan Cookies are amazing!
- These coffee-shop quality Almond Joy Cookies are worth making time and time again!
- We love the simplicity of these Vegan No Bake Cookies
- For a lower carb, raw cookie, go for these Vegan Macaroons!
That’s it for these vegan choc. chip cookies!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Orange Zested Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree plain, not the pumpkin pie variety
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl use a mixer to blend together the margarine, peanut butter, and sugars. Blend until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree, vanilla, orange zest, and ground flax seed and mix again until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Pour flour mixture into wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add walnuts and dark chocolate chips and stir until each are distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Use a cookie dispenser to drop cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet approximately 1″ apart.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes each. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
I hope you enjoy recipes for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies as much as we do! Enjoy!