Healthy Homemade Peanut Butter Granola Recipe creates a crispy, crunchy homemade granola. This Healthy Granola Recipe is made with fewer than 10 ingredients. Serve easy homemade vegan granola for breakfast, as an afternoon snack, or as topping for things like yogurt. This low sugar healthy homemade granola recipe is made with oats, nuts, and seeds!
I love making healthy granola recipes, and in fact, easy vegan recipes are my forté! I also love saving money! So, I knew making this DIY granola recipe healthy would be the way to combining it all.
In fact, this vegan granola recipe checks off all the boxes because making your own homemade granola with peanut butter saves money and is way easier than you think!
How to Make Peanut Butter Granola
If you’re wondering how to make granola, here are the steps I use to make it the best! Of course, I love making homemade granola healthy because it’s so easy!
Step one: Combine the Dry Ingredients
First, combine these granola ingredients in a large bowl: rolled oats, chopped pecans, additional chopped nuts of your choice, and pumpkin seeds. Give this all a good stir.
Note: You can use a variety of ingredients here such as sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and any of your favorite nuts, like cashews! I like to mix it up from time-to-time to give it variety!
Step Two: Create the Granola Sauce
Then, in a separate bowl combine the following: syrup sweetener of choice (maple syrup, agave nectar, etc), peanut butter, and coconut oil.
Place the bowl in the microwave and heat in 10-second increments until the peanut butter is smooth and ready to be stirred.
Stir this all together and then pour it over the oatmeal mixture. Be sure all the dry ingredients are adequately coated.
Step Three: Bake the Granola
Spread the wet granola peanut butter infused mixture evenly across two baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake. Once you remove it from the oven, add the dried fruit. After it’s cooled completely, add chocolate chips.
That’s it! See? It’s easy to make your own granola! And this homemade healthy granola is the best!
You’ll Love Homemade Peanut Butter Granola
This healthy granola recipe makes a perfect travel snack. And it’s such a big peanut granola recipe that you can enjoy it for awhile, unlike those small boxes of store-bought granola that cost a lot and yields only small quantities. You know what I’m talking about!
There are rules for making the very best oatmeal granola. I love these tips from The Kitchn on ways to make the best granola!
Use these tips and tricks to make the perfect batch of peanut butter and granola every single time:
- If you want clumpy peanut butter granola clusters recipe, add a flax egg to the syrup mixture (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
- When you make pb granola, be sure to press the soft granola into the pan – that will help create a clumpy granola as well
- If you want a keto-friendly granola, remove the oatmeal and add more nuts and seeds. Use a zero sweetener syrup like Stevia Maple Syrup
- Make this a low sugar granola recipe by using the zero sweetener syrup and sugar free chocolate chips like Lily’s Stevia sweetened chocolate chips (that are also vegan)
- I prefer to line my baking sheets with parchment paper because it makes cleanup so much easier
- If you don’t want to use coconut oil, olive oil works well in granola recipes
- Make chocolate peanut butter granola by adding 2 -3 tablespoons cocoa powder to the granola sauce.
- It may be tempting to add the dried fruit before you bake the granola, but the results are better if you add the dried fruit afterwards
- Store easy peanut butter granola in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
How to Eat Granola
Serve this crunchy peanut butter granola recipe with milk (my favorite is almond milk) or as a snack served over chia puddings, overnight oats and more! Vegan peanut butter granola cereal is the best!
Healthy Peanut Butter Recipes
Do you love healthy peanut butter recipes beyond vegan granola?
Be sure and check out my Vegan Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe. It’s creamy and so tasty! You’ll also love my Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie. Start your day with it or enjoy it as a snack any time of day! And these Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites are such a healthy snack! You’ll love these low sugar Homemade Vegan Peanut Butter Cups!
That’s it for the BEST Healthy Peanut Butter Granola Recipe!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Peanut Butter Granola
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1 cup additional nuts pistachio, cashew, almonds, etc,
- ½ cup seeds pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, etc
- ½ cup syrup sweetener maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup dried fruit such as raisins
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, pecans, additional nuts, and seeds in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the syrup, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Stir to combine. Heat this in the microwave in 11-second increments until the mixture is smooth enough to spread.
- Pour the Peanut Butter Syrup mixture over the oat mixture. Stir, ensuring all the oatmeal and nuts are coated.
- Pour the sticky granola mixture onto your prepared pans, distributing it equally across the pan. Place in the even and bake for 10 minutes. Remove both pans from the oven and stir. Return them to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the granola is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and add the dried fruit. Stir and then set aside to cool. After the granola has cooled, add the chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.