If you’ve ever experienced issues with weight in your life, today’s guest on the Namely Marly podcast has a message for you. Understand yourself as a whole being. That’s where the healing from emotional eating begins and a life of eating from a place of nutrition begins. Tune in on my discussion with Vegan Chef, author and wellness coach, Tess Challis as she talks about plant-based Food Love.
Sometimes trying to figure out what you should eat day-to-day while maintaining a healthy lifestyle can seem challenging. Some people say it’s all about the exercise. Others tell you to avoid carbs. Others encourage you to eat lots of fat. Tess Challis has put together a system to help us understand recipes and how to eat guilt-free and still create a healthy lifestyle.
Tess walks the walk too. She talks about how she was an obese vegan at one point in her life and what she did to make healthy changes to get her diet and her weight back on track. Here are some quotes from today’s interview that are so moving:
If you’re going to eat something, pay attention to it. — Tess Challis @tesschallis #namelymarly
We don’t really screw up, we just have experiences to learn from. — Tess Challis @tesschallis #namelymarly
If you do nothing else, just be present with your food. — Tess Challis @tesschallis #namelymarly
If you’re really being mindful and enjoying the pleasure of eating chocolate, the pleasure goes away after a little while. We enjoy the amount that is good for us. — Tess Challis @tesschallis #namelymarly
We hope today’s episode featuring Plant-Based Food Love on the Namely Marly Podcast inspires you to go out and live a passion-filled life!
Featured Content – Plant-Based Food Love
In today’s episode you’ll learn about:
- Why Tess started her blog
- Why Tess started eating a vegan diet
- How Tess works with clients to help them with health goals like weight loss
- Why mindful eating is such an important part of Tess’s life
- How Tess encourages her kids to participate in the kitchen too
- Tess talks about how she was an obese vegan and how she changed that
- Tess talks about the program she developed called Be Radiant
- How to listen to your body to exercise portion control
NMP Show Notes:
The following links should help you connect with the discussion from today’s show:
- Check out the Tess Challis site for more nutritious recipes!
- Look into Tess’s Be Radiant Community to take charge of your health
- Say hello to Tess on Twitter and Instagram
- Next time I’ll be sharing my interview with animal activist Jasmin Singer of Our Hen House
- Related Episode: Listen in to Dr. Michelle May talking about Mindful Eating
- Related Episode: Listen to Dreena Burton talking about Plant-Based Families
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Namely Marly Podcast episodes, recipes, and thoughts on living an inspired life by subscribing to the Namely Marly newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
- Check out the other Namely Marly Podcast episodes.
- Affiliate links are denoted with an asterisk above. We choose affiliates based on products and/or services that provide high value to our readers. These affiliates come at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Namely Marly!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Namely Marly Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find the Namely Marly podcast too!
That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!
Health + Happiness to you!