These easy sugar cookie bars are soft and tender thanks to vegan cream cheese. This cookie bar recipe is topped with a raspberry vanilla buttercream frosting. Enjoy the deliciousness of sugar cookies without all the hassle of baking individual batches with these tantalizing bars the whole family will love.
Sweet and creamy pink frosting topped with lots and lots of sprinkles takes these Sugar Cookie Bars over the top…right where we want to be. If you love sweet, vegan dishes, why not check out my Vegan Blackberry Donuts or my Vegan Vanilla Wacky Cake with Chocolate Frosting.
A recipe is a beautiful dance and everyone sitting together to enjoy a prepared meal is more than a dinner, it’s a way of celebrating community. It’s that old “the whole is more than the collective sum of its parts” story.
Why You’ll Love Sugar Cookie Bars
Of course you’ll love how these sugar cookie bars deliver a moist cookie crust, but they’re also topped with a raspberry-infused frosting. What’s not to love about that?
But there’s something even more fulfilling to spending time in the kitchen. I love the immediate gratification of spending focused time on a project that has an immediate outcome. That’s one of the beautiful things about baking!
We are a part of that ritual when we’re cooking. Bring your playlist along and forget the streets, you can be dancing in the kitchen as well!
I’m feeling a little happy about these Raspberry Sugar Cookie Bars topped with lots and lots of sprinkles. I thought I didn’t have the time (or energy) to make these, but I picked myself and headed to the kitchen anyway. What I learned is that time in the kitchen wasn’t a distraction from my “to do” list; it was exactly what I needed to feed my soul.
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Raspberry Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 cup vegan butter , softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 8 oz package vegan cream cheese minus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract (see note)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup raspberries , smashed
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Raspberry Cream Frosting
- ½ cup vegan butter , softened
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 2 – 3 tablespoons soy milk
- 1 drop of red food coloring optional
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 9X13 cake pan with vegetable spray.
For the Bars
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and using a mixer, blend until creamy, approximately two minutes. Add the cream cheese, flaxseed, cornstarch, milk, apple cider vinegar, raspberry, and almond extract. Mix again until all ingredients are combined and the batter is light and fluffy. Add the smashed raspberries and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Using your mixer on low speed, gradually pour the flour mixture over the butter mixture. Continue mixing until well combined.
- Press the batter into prepared pan, making sure the batter is distributed evenly across the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and a tester inserted in the middle of the bars comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Combine the butter and remaining 2 tablespoons of cream cheese in a large bowl. Use the mixer from that bars above, beat on medium high until smooth and leaning toward fluffy, about one minute.
- Add the powdered sugar, and raspberry extract. Beat again until combined.
- Add the milk, one tablespoon at a time until a desired consistency is reached. Add the food coloring (if using) and continue beating for another minute or two to make the frosting is even fluffier!
- Wait until the bars are cooled completely and then top with the Raspberry Cream Frosting. Top with lots and lots of sprinkles.
- To store, cover and leave at room temperature for up to 2 days, refrigerated up to 7 days. Individual bars can be frozen by placing them on a tray and placing the tray in the freezer. Once frozen transfer to a freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.