The human body, being what it is, requires food for survival. The human brain, being what it is, requires cookies for survival. I don’t know why, but it’s scientific. I think. I could leave a reference below, but isn’t the mysterious nature of that statement enough? I thought so. And that means these Triple Peanut Cookies aren’t just tasty, they’re brain food!
It was Virginia Woolfe who said it best, “The human body being what it is, heart, body, and brain all mixed together, and not contained in separate compartments.” That’s the problem with us all. I need a way to say, “OK, heart, step aside, I’m about to go dark here.”
But it doesn’t work that way.
What I Love About These Triple Peanut Cookies
Look. Peanut butter is more than a comfort food to me, it’s a soul mate. Um, don’t tell my hubby I said that. It’s just, if you look up the definition of soul mate, it says, “a soul mate connects with you in every way and on every level, bringing you a level of peace and happiness wherever you are.”
Peanut Butter…you complete me!
Hey, it’s February. The month of love. So these cookies are rocking my world because they are made with three levels of peanuts. Three! That’s not just squared, but cubed.
There’s peanut butter and chopped peanuts in the batter, and they’re topped with a dreamy, creamy peanut butter frosting.
Now, that’s what I call a peanut butter vibe!
I also like that this is not a huge batch of cookies. You’ll get about 3 dozen cookies, give or take a few (depending on how much of the delicious egg-free dough you’re chomping on).
It’s true, these cookies make me happier than Michael Jackson doing a moonwalk, but there is something that can make me even happier. What is that you ask? Thanks for asking! I’d love it if you made these cookies too and shared them with #NamelyMarly on Instagram or Twitter.
Triple Peanut Cookies
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter like Earth Balance
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flax, 1 tbsp corn starch, 3 tbsp water
- ½ cup plant-based milk soy, almond, etc
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of syrup sweetener agave, honey, or maple syrup
- Heat your oven to 350F.
- Combine the peanut butter and vegan butter in a mixing bowl and stir together vigorously until light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar, flax egg, vanilla and soy milk. Stir again until well combined.
- Move the contents in the bowl to one side (I used a spatula to create some separation). On the empty side of the bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine. Then stir all the ingredients together.
- Add the chopped peanuts and give it one last stir.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to create evenly sized cookie dough balls. Roll them in the 2 tablespoons of sugar and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1.5 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, prepare your Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting by combining the peanut butter and syrup in a bowl. Stir to combine. If you like a lot of frosting on your cookies, you may want to double this recipe.
- After the cookies are done, place them on a rack to cool before frosting.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
There are so many amazing peanut butter cookie recipes in the blogosphere. Here are some of my favorites:
- Check out these Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Six Sisters Stuff. Yum!
- Triple Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies on Neighbor Food. Courtney puts the food in the hood!
- Triple Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookies by Chef in Training.
- Or try your hand at these Vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cookies by moi!
Whichever peanut butter cookies you’re vibing on, enjoy!