Sometimes life delivers deadlines, graduations, meetings, and just generally too much to do all in the same day. It’s enough to make a person want to kick back with some comfort food. That, my friends, is what these Vegan Loaded Nachos are all about.
I know there’s a preconceived notion that vegan means a lot of time in the kitchen. We’ve been typecast.
And you know what? Sometimes there’s some truth to that notion. Word! But sometimes any kind of cooking at home can require time in the kitchen. You know, like Thanksgiving?
There’s also times when a vegan dish doesn’t have to take forever. Like, say these easy Vegan Loaded Nachos.
What You’ll Love About These Vegan Loaded Nachos
Let’s start with the obvious. Once you have the ingredients on hand, this recipe is so easy to throw together. It’s as simple as heating up the oven, putting some chips on the prepared pan, topping with some vegan shredded cheese and other goodies, baking for a few minutes and having at it. I used the Bulgogi Jackfruit because, well, it’s delicious. But if you don’t have that around, you can always substitute some veggie crumbles. It’s all good!
But just being easy isn’t the only thing you need at dinner time. It’s gotta be tasty too. Just take a look at these photos and you’ll see how tasty these Vegan Loaded Nachos are!
Of course, there’s also some of plant-based goodies in the mix too, between the jackfruit, black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, and jalapeño slices. I’m not saying that nachos are necessarily health food. I mean, it’s still a plate full of tortilla chips. But you can at least add these toppings to your list of daily veggies which is always a good thing.
We hope you love these Easy Vegan Loaded Nachos as much as we do. If you make them, take a photo and share it with #namelymarly on Instagram or Twitter. We love seeing your photos!
Easy Vegan Loaded Nachos
- 4-5 cups tortilla chips
- 1½ cups vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- 1-2 cups Bulgogi Jackfruit sub veggie crumbles if needed
- ½ cup black beans from a can, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup corn frozen or from a can, drained
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup sliced pickled jalapeño
- ½ cup dairy-free sour cream
- Optional: Cilantro for garnish
- Heat your oven to 375F and lightly coat a pan with vegetable cooking spray
- Spread tortilla chips on the pan. Top with cheese, Bulgogi Jackfruit, black beans, and corn.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted, around 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add sliced avocado, cherry tomato slices, pickled jalapeño, and vegan sour cream. For presentation, adding a few sprigs of parsley or cilantro adds a nice finishing touch.