Dive into this National Cherry Dessert Day the way it’s meant to be celebrated with this Vegan No-Bake Cherry Fruit Crisp dessert. And not only that, but I’m offering you a whole lot more cherry dessert recipes from some of my food blog friends below.
Did I mention to you I used to have a cherry tree in my yard? Not just one, but two! And they were sour cherry trees which means that the squirrels stayed away from them, so that’s a positive. I enjoyed having these tart cherries in the freezer, and then we moved. But the good news is, we have a neighbor that has a beautiful cherry tree. She doesn’t mind us picking a few (we leave some for the birds of course) and so we still have lots of cherries in the freezer. Yay!
So, I knew for this national day of celebration that I wanted to make a crisp recipe using cherries. But when I went to the store I noticed they were really expensive. So I’ve added other fruits to make this dessert, healthy in so many ways and also affordable.
Let’s talk about this Vegan No-Bake Cherry Fruit Crisp.
You’ll Love Vegan No-Bake Cherry Fruit Crisp
I’m sure you know that a traditional crisp recipe is baked. It usually has a crust on top which is…crispy. I decided that I didn’t want to spend hours in the kitchen over a hot oven, and I imagined you didn’t want that either. So I decided to make a nut-based crisp that didn’t have to be baked.
And I used chia seeds in the fruit to thicken it. I’m a fan of the chia seed because it does such a great job thickening things once it gets exposed to moisture. So, this is a really simple dessert. Simply through together the fruit, add it to your serving cups, and then make the crisp in a food processor. I added a dollop of vegan ice cream to the top.
Berries are good for you, there’s no doubt about that. And this recipe includes a mixture of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and of course, cherries. It’s a lightly sweet, healthy Vegan No-Bake Cherry Fruit Crisp dessert. Perfect for summertime!
Put Your Touch On It
Look, I’m sharing this Vegan No-Bake Cherry Fruit Crisp with you because I like it. But I am not you. Brilliant, I know. But, seriously, you should look at this recipe and put your own touch on it. If you need some help with getting started adapting this recipe, here are some ideas:
- Add some cocoa powder to that crisp topping to make it a chocolate crisp
- How about adding slices of banana to the fruit cup?
- For sure you could top it with Coconut Whipped Cream
- You could also add some tropical fruits like mango or pineapple
- I could also see drizzling some Vegan Date Caramel Sauce on top
Do you get my point? There’s so much you can do, even with a simple recipe like this one! I love making the crisp topping and storing it in the fridge so we can make the fruit cups any time we like. It’s also pretty good over a bowl of vegan ice cream. Just saying.
No-Bake Cherry Crisp
- Slice the washed, pitted cherries into quarters. Add fresh or frozen berries. If using fresh, be sure to wash and slice. Place in a bowl and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup (depending on your desired sweetness) and stir to combine.
- Place chia seeds in a coffee grinder and pulse until powder forms. Pour this into the fruit mixture. Stir until combined.
- Place almonds and oatmeal in a food processor. Pulse a few seconds until crumbly.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and vanilla. Pulse again for a few seconds. You'll be left with a thick, crumbly mixture.
- Spoon the cherry mixture into four serving bowls. Sprinkle the Almond Crisp on top and top with Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
National Cherry Dessert Day
Hey, y’all, I’ve got some great news! Today is National Cherry Dessert Day and my national food day food blog friends and I created a plan to help you celebrate. So today we’re sharing a whole bunch of cherry dessert recipes. How fun! Of course, I realize some of the recipes below are not vegan. Just send me a note if you’d like ideas for veganizing them. Otherwise, enjoy!
Cherries signal that spring is coming to a close and summer is upon us. That’s why this National Cherry Dessert Day comes at the perfect time! That’s why we’re giving you lots of ways to participate in the festivities. Enjoy these 23 cherry dessert recipes:
- Almond Cherry Ice Cream by Ashlee Marie
- Black Forrest Cupcakes via Life Made Simple
- Easy Vegan Cherry Vanilla Parfaits by Namely Marly
- Cherry Almond Vanilla Cupcakes by Baking with Blondie
- Frozen Cherry Limeade Pie from the Real Mom Kitchen
- Vegan Cherry Chocolate Cake by Cookie + Kate
- Vegan Chocolate Cherry Jello Shots by Namely Marly
- Crispy Homemade Cherry Turnovers by The Baker Upstairs
- Vegan Chocolate Cherry Tart with Toasted Almond Crust by Bakerita
- Vegan Cherry Pie Cookies by Healthy Happy Life
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies thanks to Creations by Kara
- Vegan Double Chocolate Cherry Bars by Blissful Basil
- Slow Cooker 3-Ingredient Cherry Dump Cake by 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Vegan Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes by Baked Bree
- Cherry Berry Dutch Oven Cobbler by Hey Grill, Hey
- Vegan Chocolate Covered Cherries by Namely Marly
- Vegan Black Forest Cake by the Baking Fairy
- Chocolate Cherry Brownie Pizza by Gather for Bread
- Rum-Soaked Preserved Cherries and Boozy Cherry Molasses by Foodie with Family
- Vegan Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes by Namely Marly
Whatever cherry dessert you’re preparing to dig into, enjoy!