These 10-Minute Vegan Pad Thai Zucchini Noodles are drizzled in a spicy, tangy sauce and topped with chopped peanuts. Zucchini noodles are healthy, tasty, and easy and just in time for National Zucchini Day! To make this day extra special, I’m sharing over 20 more zucchini recipes too! Check below for all the other zucchini recipe goodies.
If you love using vegetables to replace your cares, like rice, be sure to check out my Vegan Sushi with Cauliflower Rice. Good stuff!
My love affair with zucchini noodles continues. Do you blame me? Also, zucchini noodles by any other name will sound just as sweet. In fact, you may hear these referred to as:
- Zucchini Noodles
- Spiralized Zucchini
- Delicious! 🙂
I’ve been a fan of the zucchini noodle for forever. Or at least since I first tried them…like a year ago. Now I’ve been serving these tasty noodles in a number of favorite recipes.
All you need is a spiralizer. You can get these in so many places now. This Kinzi Tri-Blade Spiralizer is a favorite, and it’s so easy to use!
Why You’ll Love Vegan Pad Thai Zucchini Noodles
If all you’ve ever had is wheat-based noodles, I have some good news for you. Zucchini noodles are a nice, healthy replacement. I love having a gluten-free noodle that’s naturally low in carbs and high in plant-based nutrients.
It’s good to add healthy recipes to your repertoire. It doesn’t mean everything you eat has to be the epitome of health (for example my Vegan Blueberry Cake Recipe from last week), but it’s good to have some go-to dishes in your routine that fits in the uber healthy category. I just happen to think these Vegan Pad Thai Zucchini Noodles fits that description.
But don’t take my word for it. Here’s some of the reasons this recipe is oh-so-healthy:
- Zuchhinis are lean, green machines, full of Vitamin A, magnesium, folate and so many more needed phytonutrients
- Carrots are a great source of beta carotene, a caratanoid that your body converts into Vitamin A. According to my favorite biomedical scientist, Dr. Rhondda Patrick, roughly 34% of us are not getting adequate quantities of Vitamin A. Why does a silly little thing like Vitamin A matter? Because it’s important for normal immune system functioning and, as we all know, healthy vision too.
- Red Peppers provide lots and lots of Vitamin C which is important because you need to get Vitamin C through your diet, since your body can’t store it. Vitamin C is important for things like immune function, bone formation, wound healing, and more.
- Garlic is loaded with phytonutrient benefits. It serves as both an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, so there’s no hesitation in this household to get lots of it in our diet!
Do you see what I’m talking about? These 10-Minute Vegan Pad Thai Zucchini Noodles delivers lots of delicious healthiness…fast!
A Change Will Do You Good
I completely agree with Sheryl Crow that a change will do you good. Look. I love this recipe exactly the way it is. That’s why I’m sharing it with you! But I’m all for changing things up. That means you might want to make some adaptions so this recipe will be your favorite too! If you need some ideas to get you going, I can help with that. I haven’t seen a recipe yet that I wouldn’t like to tweak, even my own! Here are some ways I would change up this 10-Minute Vegan Pad Thai Zucchini Noodles recipe:
- Don’t have any almond butter? Peanut butter should work just fine!
- I think sprinkling some sesame seeds over the the top would be a nice touch
- Adding some steamed broccoli on the side would make this even healthier
- I would be all for adding more spicy by increasing the Sriracha
- Definitely consider adding chopped cilantro for added flavor
- I’m a big fan of ginger so I could see sprinkling dried ginger over this dish.
You get the idea? Just have some fun with this one and make it suit your fancy. I confess, it’s one of the reasons we love cooking at home — it’s so easy to adapt recipes to fit your own needs. For example, Shawn doesn’t like cilantro all that much. So I can add some of that to mine, while leaving it off of his. Works like a charm!
You know what? We hope you love this 10-Minute Vegan Pad Thai Zucchini Noodles recipe, because we sure do! If you make it, take a shot and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram. We LOVE seeing your photos!
Vegan Pad Thai Zoodles
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon Bragg or Tamari*
- 1 teaspoon Mild Yellow Miso Paste
- 1 teaspoon Agave, Maple Syrup, or Honey
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (or chili sauce of your choice)
- 1 medium Green onion, root removed, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 medium Red Pepper, cut into slivers
- 1 medium Zucchini
- 1 medium Carrot
- 1 tablespoon Peanuts, chopped
- Combine the water, almond butter, tamari, miso paste, lime juice, and sriracha in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and red pepper slices and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the sauce mixture and continue cooking over medium heat.
- Use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles. Repeat this process with the carrot to create long strands of carrot noodles.
- Add the zucchini and carrot noodles to the sauce and veggies and cook over medium heat until the noodles are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into two bowls and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
National Zucchini Day!
I love celebrating national food days. How about you? Well, today is National Zucchini Day and I’m collaborating with some awesome national food day food blog friends to bring you a whole bunch of zucchini recipes. That we we can ALL celebrate! Just so you know, some of these recipes are not vegan. Heck, some of them may not even be vegetarian. Just send me a note if you’d like ideas for veganizing any of them. Otherwise, enjoy!
Tis the season for lots and lots of zucchini. Enjoy your zucchini by following #nationalzucchiniday on social media all day long!
Vegan Spicy Sesame Zoodles by Namely Marly
Italian Zucchini Noodles One Pot Dish by Ashlee Marie
Vegan Zucchini Fritters by Jessica in the Kitchen
Cheesy Zucchini Tots via Life Made Simple
Loaded Zucchini Skins from the Real Mom Kitchen
Zucchini Fritters by The Baker Upstairs
Savory Zucchini Bread by Namely Marly
Butterscotch Zucchini Blondies via Creations by Kara
Vegan Tomato Zucchini Soup by Heather Christo
Healthy Zucchini Muffins by Cookie + Kate
Vegan Carrot Zucchini Fritters by Veganosity
Vegan Zucchini Meatballs by Making Thyme for Health
Grilled Zucchini Boats by Hey Grill, Hey
Vegan Stuffed Zucchini by Detoxinista
Crispy Zucchini Fries by Food with Family
Vegan Zucchini Bread with Chia by Show me the Yummy
Healthy Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread by Ambitious Kitchen
Vegan Zucchini Fritters by The Full Helping
Spicy Zucchini Black Bean Burgers by The Healthy Maven
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Cake from Namely Marly
Whatever zucchini dish you’re dishing on, enjoy!