I’m new to this whole “make your own homemade granola” thing. And that’s saying a lot because I make my own everything! Like salad dressing, pizza dough and lots of other things that people wouldn’t bat an eye at buying from the store. I’ve even made my own homemade ketchup! Oh, how I love ketchup. But, I digress. What were we talking about? Oh, right. Granola. Most of the granola in stores is so dang expensive! And then there’s another issue. A lot of store-bought varieties have dairy in them. I know…completely unexpected! Then one day it dawned on me – I can make my own granola. And I did. And so noting that it’s still S’mores Week, I decided to take the plunge and make some Vegan S’mores Granola. Homemade. Delicious. Satisfying. My favorite trifecta!
This homemade Vegan S’mores Granola is turning out to be my favorite summer condiment. I’ve served it over coconut ice cream. I’ve coated bananas with it.
Who knew frozen bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate with a little granola on the top could taste SO good!
I chopped my chocolate chips before adding them to the granola. It’s not a step I recommend in the recipe, but it makes me feel important so I do it.
Now that I’m in the Rouxbe Professional Plant-Based Certification course, I’m enjoying and appreciating the fine details of preparing for a recipe. Of course, I still want to keep the recipes simple and easy to put together. So, don’t worry. This granola is definitely in my 30 Minutes or Less Recipe category!
It may take less than 30 minutes to throw together, but it tastes like a way more complicated recipe than that. I’m calling that my ET Ratio – enjoyment to time. The greater the Enjoyment for the least amount in time in the kitchen. This recipe is an ET win!
Of course, how could you not enjoy crunchy granola clusters with dark chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, and veggie marshmallows. And if anyone raises an eyebrow and asks what you’re eating…tell them it’s homemade granola. They’ll be impressed. And that’s what it’s all about, right?
Vegan S’mores Granola
- Heat your oven to 325F and prepare a large baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine the coconut oil, margarine, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and peanut butter. Heat for about 11 seconds and stir to combine. Repeat if necessary to melt the margarine.
- Pour the oatmeal and graham cracker crumbs into the peanut butter mixture. Stir to make sure the oatmeal is evenly coated.
- Pour the coated oatmeal out onto your prepared baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the oven and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes. Pour the granola into the bowl you’re going to store it in and add half of the chocolate chips and stir well. This chocolate will melt, but it will help bind the granola into delicious granola clusters.
- Allow the granola to cool for another 10 minutes before adding the rest of the chocolate chips and chopped vegan marshmallows. Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with non-dairy milk for breakfast or sprinkle some over a bowl of coconut ice cream for dessert.