The big game day is coming up and that means finding the most inspiring, delicious, and easy appetizers. I’m all about the vegan dip. For example, there’s my Vegan Queso Dip and my Easy Vegan Rangoon Dip. You could even call me the Queen of Dips. No wait. Don’t do that. My sisters would laugh. Well, today’s dip is no laughing matter. One bite of this this creamy Vegan Taco Dip with Chipotle Tofu will lead to another, after another, after another. You get the picture.
It’s true that I’m sort of a fair-weather football fan. Hearing that the Chiefs made their way into the playoffs had me kind of excited. I even organized an impromptu party, hosted by my mom. 🙂
I mean, how cool would it be to have the Chiefs in the Super Bowl right after the Royal’s won the World Series?
Kansas City would have ruled the world!
But, as you probably know, the Chiefs lost. [insert sad face]
That doesn’t mean, however, we can’t watch the big game anyway.
And there’s lots of other sports going on that can require social gatherings and dips. For example, the Australian Open finals are happening this weekend. How exciting!
Oh wait. We were talking about football. Right?
How To Make Vegan Taco Dip
This may be the easiest dip of all time. It takes only 8 ingredients, a few, simple steps and you’re on your way to game-day dipping.
To make this vegan taco dip, first pour the vegan cream cheese and vegan sour cream into a bowl and stir away. Add a little bit of mild salsa and some taco seasonings (can you join me in a big MMMM right now?), and then add cubed Nasoya TofuBaked Chipotle marinated tofu. [More about that tofu in a moment].
Follow that with some finely chopped greens (I prefer spinach, but field greens or even kale could work here), finely grated vegan cheddar cheese, and some chopped cherry tomatoes.
You can serve that dip right away, or refrigerate to serve later. Surround it with a plate of chips and watch your guests have at it.
Let’s Talk Tofu
I know it’s easy to feel intimidated by working with tofu. I’ve been there before myself. The first time I decided to try it, I headed to my local grocery store, walked up to a clerk to ask about it, and realized I didn’t even know how to pronounce tofu!
You can use Nasoya’s TofuBaked products to make this recipe even easier. There’s no pressing the tofu, no marinading, or anything. You can even slice and serve. I’ve added TofuBaked slices fresh from the package to my salads, burritos, and more.
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Taco Dip
- 8 oz container of vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 8 oz package of Nasoya TofuBaked Chipotle
- ½ cup mild salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup greens spinach, field greens, finely chopped
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese finely shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- Combine the vegan cream cheese and vegan cream cheese in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Chop the tofu into small cubes.
- Add the salsa and taco seasoning to the sour cream mixture. Stir to combine. Add half of the cubed tofu and stir to combine.
- Spoon this mixture into a serving dish. Top with the remaining cubed tofu, the chopped greens, vegan cheese and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to be served.