Vegan Cheesy Corn Casserole
This Easy Vegan Corn Casserole is a cheesy cornbread dish, sure to please any dinner crowd and the cook too because it's so easy to make!
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 15 oz can cream-style corn
- 8 oz package vegetarian/vegan corn muffin mix*
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds
Heat your oven to 375F. Spray a 8 or 9" square baking dish with vegetable spray
Combine the whole corn, creamed corn, corn muffin mix, vegan sour cream, and melted vegan butter in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
Pour the corn mixture into your prepared baking dish. Top with the vegan cheddar shreds. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. it should be golden brown when it's done.
Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving warm.
* Use gluten-free corn meal mix to make this dish gluten-free. Also, be sure to check the labels to make sure it is vegetarian/vegan. Many brands such as Jiffy include lard in the ingredients which is an animal product. The health food section of your grocery store should offer several brands that are free of animal products and even Jiffy offers a Vegetarian version of their cornbread muffin mix.
Note: This recipe calls for a cornbread mix that is dairy free and egg free. You will be ignoring the instructions on the back of the package (many of which call for adding eggs and milk), and instead following the instructions in my recipe. See the video above to watch the process of making this recipe.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 710mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1.3mg