Pumpkin Spice Cake
You can make this Pumpkin Spice Cake and serve it as a delicious and healthy cake (made with a secret healthy ingredient) in less than an hour!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- ½ cup plant-based milk soy milk combined with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 15 oz can pureed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour either regular flour or for a gluten-free version use: 1 cup buckwheat flour, 1½ cups brown rice flour,
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans optional
- Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
Heat oven to 350*F. Spray a 9 X 13 baking pan with vegetable spray
In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, milk, and vinegar. Pulse for several seconds until the chickpeas are smooth. Add the butter and sugar and pulse again until smooth. Add the pumpkin and vanilla and pulse again until smooth. Set aside.
In a separate bowl stir together the flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir until well combined. Create a well in the middle of the flour ingredients.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture. Use a spatula to get all the pumpkin mixture from the food processor. Stir until well-combined.
Add chopped pecans and stir to combine.
Pour the batter into prepared cake pan and bake for about 35 - 40 minutes. Insert a tester in the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. If not, return it to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or so.
When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely before adding the Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 3315IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.7mg