Easy One-Pot Taco Red Quinoa Soup
Let's talk about this Taco Soup. Because it's kind of like chili, but not quite. Because it's flavored with taco seasoning. Get it?
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Easy Taco Soup
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 2 15 oz cans light red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 15 oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can corn
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 10 oz can green chile enchilada sauce
- 4.5 oz can green chiles chopped
- 1 cup red quinoa uncooked
- 1 cup veggie crumbles I used Gardein Meatless Crumbles
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2-4 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup tortilla chips crumbled
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
Place the chopped onions in a large pot, like a dutch oven, and drizzle with olive oil. Stir to combine. Cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and stir.
Immediately add the beans, stewed tomato, corn, vegetable broth, enchilada sauce, green chillies, and red quinoa. Bring the pot to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, until the quinoa is done.
Add the veggie crumbles, taco seasoning, nutritional yeast flakes, and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Make the Cilantro Cream by combining the vegan sour cream with the chopped cilantro.
To serve: Pour the Taco Soup in a bowl, add a dollop of Cilantro Cream, and add chopped tortillas across the top.
Calories: 543kcal | Carbohydrates: 99g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 952mg | Potassium: 700mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 8.8% | Vitamin C: 13.2% | Calcium: 8.8% | Iron: 27.9%