Vegan Skinny Pina Colada Cocktail
This vegan, gluten-free, and skinny pina colada smoothie cocktail recipe is around 160 calories per serving and is just as rich and creamy as you'd want it to be. Add a sprig of mint for a splash of color when serving.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 8 minutes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks (or one 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, in juice)
- 1 ripe banana , medium
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk , or as desired for consistency (or your favorite milk; coconut milk is excellent here)
- 1 1/2 ounces Coconut Rum , optional
- 1 teaspoon Stevia or sweetener of your choice , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 2 cups Crushed Ice
- Mint leaves and fresh cherries for garnishing , optional
Add pineapple chunks, banana, almond milk, coconut rum (if using), sweetener (if using), and coconut extract (if using) in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Take a quick taste and see if you want to add anything, like more sweetener.
Once the flavor is right, add the crushed ice and pulse until smooth and frothy texture forms.
Serve in cocktail glasses. Garnish with mint leaves, fresh cherries, or pineapple pieces. Umbrellas add a nice touch too.
* If you're using the coconut rum, you may not need the coconut extract.
*So, to make this non-alcoholic, use the coconut extract instead.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 44.6mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 0.4mg