Vegan Taco Salad
This tasty vegan taco salad is a meal that serves as a perfect and healthy alternative to traditional tacos. It's surpsisingly easy to make, not to mention a beautiful salad, too!
Veggie Taco Meat
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2 cups veggie crumbles (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 cups shredded greens (iceburg, romaine, or your favorite greens)
- ¼ cup red onion, cut into slivers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- ⅓ cup salsa
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- ½ cup vegan sour cream
For the Veggie Taco Meat:
Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat and cook until shimmering. Add onions and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add veggie crumbles and cook until heated through.
Stir in the taco seasoning and remove from heat.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 667mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 951IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 4mg