One-Pot Chickpea Coconut Curry
One-Pot Wonder Dish - Chickpea Coconut Curry with basmati rice and a splash of lime. It's so easy and so delicious!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 15 oz can coconut milk
- 3 cans of water fill that coconut milk can 3 times
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3-4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 cup carrots finely chopped
- 1 potato chopped into small cubes
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1-3 tablespoons curry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro fresh is best but dried will work too
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Other ingredients: Steamed broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
- Serve with Baked Naan
Combine the coconut milk, water, basmati rice, minced garlic, chopped carrots, potato cubes and rinsed chickpeas in a large pot over medium-high heat. Bring the pot to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for about 20 minutes. The basmati rice should be tender at this point and the sauce should be very thick.
Add the frozen corn and peas and stir until combined.
Before serving add the curry, Bragg (or soy), the juice of one lime, and the chopped cilantro. Stir to combine and this One Pot Wonder is ready to be eaten!
Calories: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 644mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 75.2% | Vitamin C: 27.5% | Calcium: 6.4% | Iron: 22.3%