Deviled Vegan Ham Salad
This vegan ham salad spread is smoky, rich, and delicious! It makes a perfect substation for that stuff you used to buy in those little, tiny cans, because this recipe is entirely plant-based!
- 1 cup Spicy Roasted Chickpeas (see note)
- ¼ Sun-dried Tomatoes*
- 4 - 6 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 red chili pepper stemmed and seeds removed, chopped.**
- Optional Spice: 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
Combine the roasted chickpeas and sundried tomatoes in a food processor. Pulse until this mixture is broken down into small bits.
Add the vegan mayo, chopped green onion, mustard, garlic powder, and liquid smoke. Pulse until combined.
You can serve this immediately on a bun or even open-faced sandwich. I've also had this spread with a corn tortilla to keep it gluten free.
You can make roasted chickpeas in the oven or air fryer chickpeas.
* Sun-dried tomatoes come in many varieties. You can use sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, just chop them up a little before adding them to the food processor. I prefer to buy soft sun-dried tomatoes in a package. Just be aware, some packages of sun-dried tomatoes are hard and dry. If that's the kind you have, you'll need to soften them up in some hot water before adding them to this recipe. Follow the instructions on the back of the bag.
** If adding the red chili pepper sounds a little too spicy for your taste, sub with 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 17.2mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.3mg