Air Fryer Chickpeas recipes create a crispy, spicy snack made with minimal oil. Air fried chickpeas are a crunchy and delicious high-protein snack. Use crispy chickpeas in place of croutons in salads and soups.
There’s no doubt I love a little crispy snacks in my diet. I think it’s from years of being on too many diets — many of which made crispy things seem illusive. No more to all that! These Air fryer chick peas are crispy and healthy!
How to Make Roasted Chickpeas in Air Fryer
Wondering how to roast chickpeas air fryer fried? Rest assured, it may be one of the easiest recipes ever. Let’s get started.
To make air fry chickpeas, we’ll start with a 15 ounce can of chickpeas. Simple enough. Drain the chickpeas and pat them dry. I use a paper towel. The trick to getting air fryer roasted chickpeas is to have them good and dry before adding a little bit of olive oil.
Stir together the spices in a small bowl. Then toss chickpeas with oil and sprinkle spices over the top, making sure each is coated.
Note: You can make air fryer chickpeas no oil, by simply leaving out the oil. However, I find they don’t get as crispy.
Pour chickpeas into the basket of your air fryer. Insert the basket into preheated air fryer. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes, removing the basket to shake it a couple of times. If you want crispy air fried chickpeas, lean more toward the 15 minutes mark.
When chickpeas are done, remove basket from the air fryer. Transfer chickpeas to a serving dish and add salt and pepper to taste.
How to Store Air Fryer Roasted Chickpeas
So, the first step is to make the roasted chickpeas air fryer fried. Once they cool slightly, you can eat them. Serve them on a salad, or in a bowl of soup, or simple eat them plain. But if there are leftovers, you’ll want to store any leftovers. Once the air fryer chickpeas have cooled, transfer them to an airtight container. They will keep at room temperature 5 – 7 days.
How do you make chickpeas crispy?
Air frying is a great way to make chickpeas crispy because it circulates hot air, causing the exterior of the chickpea to brown. The surface area becomes dehydrated of any moisture, forming a crust. The high heat continues cooking the interior, causing the chickpea fibers to soften.
It’s the perfect snack!
Looking for more air fryer snacks? Be sure and try my Air Fried Tofu. It’s perfect served with dip!
Are Chickpeas Healthy?
Chickpeas are healthy and can contribute to weight loss efforts because of their high fiber content. They’re also a low-glycemic food that is loaded with protein, nutrients and minerals. Check out the nutritional profile of chickpeas for more information.
With over 1200 calories in an 8-ounce bag of potato chips, you could make TWO batches of this recipe and eat it all and still have fewer calories than the potato chips. Of course, I don’t recommend doing that. However, when part of a balanced diet, adding some roasted chickpeas to your meals is a great idea!
Sure, you love these air fryer garbanzo beans! But how about some more tasty chickpea recipes?
- For another great crunchy chickpeas snack, try my oven-baked Roasted Chickpeas.
- This Stovetop Mac and Cheese with Smoky Chickpeas is a go-to favorite!
- Make some Vegan Spaghetti Squash Recipes with some tasty chickpea meatballs on top!
- Of course, this Green Hummus is a must when you’ve got some chickpeas handy!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Air Fryer Chickpeas
- 15 ounce can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dill
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Drain chickpeas and pat dry with a paper towel. Stir together spices in a small bowl. Toss chickpeas with oil and then sprinkle spices over the top, making sure each is coated.
- Pour chickpeas into the basket of your air fryer. Insert basket into preheated air fryer. Cook for approximatley 15 minutes, removing the basket to shake it a couple of times.
- When chickpeas are done, remove basket from the air fryer. Transfer chickpeas to a serving dish and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature.