Would you like to see more purpose in your blog? Are you looking to improve your storytelling skills? How can you make sure your blog has integrity? This episode of the Namely Marly Podcast deals with these questions and more! Listen in on my interview with Debra Smith of the amazing blog SmithBites!
Today I’m sharing with you my interview with Debra Smith of the blog, SmithBites. Debra is a story telling zen master and along with her husband, whom she lovingly refers to as the Professor, they share tantalizing photographs, videos, stories, and recipes. They are one busy couple!
In my interview with Debra I had a chance to talk with her a little about what goes on behind the scenes at SmithBites, from decisions about advertising to some of the exciting travel they’ve done with their videography work!
This podcast episode is perfect for people trying to improve their storytelling skills, creatives, and anyone who wants to learn more about Debra, and the way she (and the Professor) puts it all together at SmithBites!
In today’s episode I interview Debra Smith and we talked about a lot. Here are some of the highlights:
- How Debra started her blog with her husband
- The art of storytelling and how Debra uses that in her blog
- How Debra grew her blog and why she has chosen not to have advertising on her site
- The importance of integrity in blogging
- Setting goals for yourself in blogging — why it’s important to know your own goals
- How SmithBites has included videography to expand their outreach
- Finally, we talk a little about inspiration and what inspires Debra each day
This podcast episode talks about several resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- The Breeze App — to turn your iPhone into a smart pedometer!
- Debra’s (and the Professor’s) blog, SmithBites.
- The SmithBite YouTube Channel — so you can check out their amazing videoagraphy!
- Learn about future podcasts and the Namely Marly blog by subscribing to my newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the top of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
- My next podcast will be 5 Tips to Increase Your Confidence
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Namely Marly Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find the Namely Marly podcast too!
That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!