You’ll love this creamy vegan, healthy banana shake recipe. It’s made with only five ingredients and is ready in minutes! Have this healthy protein-infused shake as an after workout treat, or serve it for dessert. Either way you’ll enjoy this refreshing, banana milkshake!
You’ve caught me with my hands in the banana jar. Because I’d rather have bananas than just about any other food on the planet! That’s why banana shake recipes are right up my alley!
First I spent time imagining how to make banana milkshakes. I thought about the creamy banana shake and how delicious it would be! It didn’t take long before I headed to the kitchen to start making them!
How to Make Banana Shakes
It’s super easy to make this Healthy Banana Shake! Here are the banana milkshake ingredients: bananas, vanilla protein powder, vegan ice cream, almond milk, and peanut butter powder.
Simply place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until nice and smooth.
Feel free to add a little more almond milk or water if it’s too thick then pour into a serving glass and drink!
Wondering how to make banana milkshake without ice cream? Simply leave the ice cream out in the recipe below and replace it with 1 cup of ice. Either way you’ll have a tasty banana shake to drink!
Best Banana Milkshake Recipe
I’m recovering from a little too much fun over the weekend by enjoying this Vegan Banana Shake. It’s as if I have an insatiable need for continuous pleasure that begins with vegan brownies on Friday night, vegan chocolate cake on Saturday, vegan snickerdoodles on Sundays and is now edging its way into my weekday routine.
I have the biggest sweet tooth this side of the Mississippi. If you don’t believe me, ask my mom. I’ve had this relationship with sweets my whole life and I’m certain it isn’t going anywhere now.
At least this banana milkshake recipe is on the lighter side! It satisfies my sweet tooth, but it’s not too heavy. And these days it’s easy to find low calorie ice cream to add in the mix!
Expert Tips for Banana Shakes
Use expert tips to make your banana milk shake delicious every time:
- Be sure to use ripe bananas for the best sweetness possible!
- You can freeze the bananas ahead of time to make an even creamier shake
- Feel free to substitute the vegan ice cream for 1 cup of ice to make this more like a banana smoothie
- If you don’t have peanut butter powder on hand, feel free to add a tablespoon of real peanut butter — it’s delicious!
- You can add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or ground ginger as well
- I find a high-speed blender works best.
Love Banana Recipes?
If you love this homemade banana milkshake recipe, you’ll want to try some more vegan banana recipes too! Check these out:
- This Vegan Banana Bread is the best ever!
- Make these Vegan Banana Pancakes and enjoy them for days!
- This Banana Chia Pudding is amazing!
- For an indulgent dessert, this Vegan Banana Cream Pie is the best!
- Here’s even more Vegan Banana Recipes!
That’s it for this tasty Vegan Banana Shake recipe!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Healthy Banana Shake
- 2 medium bananas (Peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder (dairy-free)
- 1 cup vegan vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until nice and smooth.
- Add more ice if it's not thick enough. Add more milk if it's too thin.
- Pour into a serving glasses and drink!
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Nutritional. Healthy. Filling. What more could you ask for when there’s no chocolate involved?