Jiffy Vegan Cornbread
This 4-ingredient Jiffy vegan cornbread is ready in minutes! It’s perfect for your next chili night. There’s nothing like chili and cornbread!
Cornbread is one of the best comfort foods because it is warm, fluffy, and flavorful. I associate cornbread with family gatherings and holidays, so that’s another reason it makes me so happy.
You can make cornbread to serve with so many different dishes. It’s relatively inexpensive and easy to make, so it’s a popular choice for home cooks.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Jiffy corn muffin mix — Any corn muffin mix will work as long as it’s egg-free, dairy-free, and lard-free. Make sure to read the ingredients to make sure your corn muffin mix is not made with lard (animal fat).
- Plant-based milk — I use either almond milk or soy milk. You can use any of your favorite plant-based milks.
- Flax eggs — You’ll need two flax eggs for this recipe. Or you can substitute chia seed eggs.
- Vegetable oil — Use a neutral oil, like canola oil, or substitute melted vegan butter or applesauce.
How to Make Jiffy Vegan Cornbread
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
- Stir together the corn muffin mix, plant-based milk, flax egg, and vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Pour batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake until the cornbread is golden on top.
- Serve warm.
Why This Recipe is a Winner
- TASTY — Serve delicious cornbread with your favorite dishes, like chili and stew.
- EASY — With only 5 ingredients, this recipe is ready in no time!
- FAMILY FAVORITE — Make any meal special with this cornbread that tastes like you made it from scratch!
Is Jiffy cornbread mix gluten free?
No, Jiffy cornbread mix is not gluten-free as it contains wheat. If you require gluten-free cornbread, you should look for a mix that is gluten-free or make your own from scratch.
What can I use instead of egg in Jiffy cornbread?
You can easily substitute one tablespoon of ground flaxseed combined with 3 tablespoons of water for each egg called for in Jiffy cornbread mixes. However, I also recommend adding 2 to 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to create the best consistency.
Place leftovers in a sealed container and refrigerate any unused portions. It should last 4 to 5 days in the fridge or up to a month in the freezer.
Vegan Jiffy Cornbread
- 17 oz Jiffy corn muffin mix (2 boxes)
- ⅔ cup plant-based milk
- 2 flax eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil substitute melted vegan butter or applesauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Spray an 8×8" pan with vegetable spray.
- Combine the corn muffin mix, plant-based milk, flax egg, and vegetable oil in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cornbread is golden on top.
- Serve warm. Place in a sealed container and refrigerate any unused portions. It should last 4 – 5 days in a the fridge; up to a month in the freezer.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
- Chia egg
- Vegan plain yogurt — 1/4 cup of yogurt can substitute for one egg.
- Tofu — You can whip tofu in a blender or food processor and use it as an egg substitute. The same ratio works here, roughy 1/4 cup of whipped tofu can be used for one egg.
- Aquafaba — Use 3 tablespoons of liquid from a can of chickpeas (referred to as aquafaba) as a substitute for one egg.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
4 Responses to Jiffy Vegan Cornbread
Oh my gosh they have one!!! I have never seen this in stores – mind blown! Thanks for mentioning, because apparently they do have one. Maybe just need to work on my local stores to carry this one instead ❤️ https://www.jiffymix.com/products/vegetarian-corn-muffin-mix/
I know! I was surprised to see it too. Vegetarian Jiffy Mix. Who knew this could ever happen! Hope you like the recipe, Amanda!
Hi Marly – are you able to find a Jiffy that doesn’t use lard? I’ve only ever seen the variety that does – https://www.jiffymix.com/products/corn-muffin-mix/ Thanks for all your hard work – love your website and check in regularly!
Thanks so much, Amanda! Love your kind words! And so glad you were able to find the vegetarian Jiffy without lard!