All the flavors you crave are delivered in this Vegan Harvest Salad with Tanimura & Antle Artisan Lettuce and topped with Creamy Pumpkin Ranch Dressing. We are preparing for the holidays and this salad is on our menu. If you love vegan holiday recipes, check out my Vegan Seven Layer Salad. It’s a perfect vegan twist on a traditional favorite. You’ll also want to check out my Vegan Stuffing Recipe as well! Too good to be true!
This is a sponsored post by Tanimura & Antle Artisan Lettuce. All opinions are my own.
The holidays are right around the corner and I’m already planning my menu. I’m like the Pointer Sisters this time of year, I’m so excited!
One of my favorite menu items is the salad. I think getting the salad exactly right is pretty tricky. You want your salad to be good — something people really want to dive into, but it needs to complement the meal too.
That’s just one of the reasons I’m so in love with this Vegan Harvest Salad with Creamy Pumpkin Ranch Dressing. It’s beautiful, tempting, and yet somehow doesn’t take away from the main course, whatever that might be.
I was lucky over the weekend to have a “mini” family dinner. You know what I think of when that happens? Taste testers!
I made everyone try this Vegan Harvest Salad and you know what? They all loved it!
All I can say is…of course!
How To Make Vegan Harvest Salad with Creamy Pumpkin Ranch Dressing
If you’re like me and planning out your holiday entertaining menu, this salad will be a go-to recipe. Here’s why. It’s a show stopper! In Marly speak, that means, it’s gorgeous! Because of the colorful Tanimura & Antle Artisan Lettuce (including my favorite, Artisan Romaine) and toppings like sweet, smoky roasted chickpeas and roasted sweet potatoes, you’ve got loads of color in this festive salad.
Color and flavor are two important characteristics in a holiday salad!
Change it UP
OK, I have to confess, I really love this vegan harvest salad, just exactly the way it is. But you, are not me, and so I have to shrug my shoulders and realize there may be things about this salad you want to change. In the end, I want you to love salads as much as I do, so I encourage you to change it up! If you need some ideas to get the salad ball a bouncing, here are some suggestions I’d have for changing this recipe up a bit:
- I used plain pecans in this salad, but you could toast them too
- I used two tablespoons of pumpkin puree in the dressing, but you could up that a little if you’d like to bring out even more pumpkin flavor
- Sub sunflower seeds for the pumpkin seeds
- I could see adding a tiny sprinkle of cinnamon to the pumpkin dressing
- Why not make a double batch of this salad so you’ll have plenty to share!
There it is, a few creative ideas for making this recipe your own! I love this vegan harvest salad and have been keeping those toppings at the ready so I can whip up another batch of it on the fly!
Also, you can choose a different dressing, like this strawberry vinaigrette.
Ingredients are Key
When you’re making a salad, having the right ingredients is key. That’s one reason we love Tanimura & Antle Artisan Lettuces. First of all, they’re field-packed for freshness and flavor. Second, they’re grown using sustainable farming practices. Also, it’s a fourth generation employee-owned family farm.
Having the best lettuce is the perfect foundation for your favorite holiday salads. I absolutely love the rich, dark hues of the purple romaine. When combined with the vibrant, green Tanimura & Antle Artisan Lettuces, it creates a beautiful, rich palatte. From there I roasted chickpeas in a smokey, sweet sauce and added roasted sweet potatoes and other toppings as well. You can see from these photos that this vegan harvest salad is a real show stopper.
But more than that, it’s so healthy too. Even though we serve this as a side entree for the holidays, I have used it as my main meal more than once! It’s a dual-purpose salad.
Love Easy Vegan Recipes?
If you love easy vegan recipes, be sure and give these a try:
- Go for the crisp with these tasty Roasted Chickpeas are amazing!
- Everyone loves this easy Vegan Lasagna recipe!
- This Macaroni Casserole is so easy and so delicious!
We hope you love this recipe for Vegan Harvest Salad with Creamy Pumpkin Ranch Dressing as much as we do. If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly (and #ArtofArtisan) on Instagram or Twitter. We LOVE seeing your photos!
Vegan Harvest Salad with Creamy Pumpkin Ranch Dressing
- 15 oz Chickpeas , drained
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup , divided
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil , divided
- 1 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce , (Tamari if gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup Raw, chopped Sweet Potates , washed, but not peeled
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 cups Tanimura & Antles Artisan Romaine and Artisan Lettuce , chopped
- 1/2 cup Apple , diced
- 1/2 cup Pecan Halves
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds , roasted
- Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup Dairy-free Yogurt , plain (not vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Sage
- Heat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the can of chickpeas. Pat dry with a paper towel. In a bowl combine the liquid smoke and 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and soy sauce. Add the dried chickpeas and stir until thoroughly coated. Pour over prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 – 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, place a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to the skillet. Add the chopped sweet potatoes and stir until coated with the olive oil. Sprinkle with two tablespoons of nutritional yeast flakes and stir until coated. Cook until tender, about 5 – 7 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Once the chickpeas are done, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Immediately before serving, wash the Tanimura & Antle’s Artisan Romaine and Artisan Lettuce and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove the core and then either cut or tear the rest into bite-size pieces and place in a serving bowl. Add roasted chickpeas and sweet potatoes diced apples, pecans, and pumpkin seeds. Toss to combine.
- Prepare the Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Dressing by adding all ingredients together and stirring to combine. Serve this alongside the salad so guests can add as much or as little dressing as they prefer.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you’re preparing your vegan holiday menu, be sure to check out my Easy Vegan Thanksgiving Meal Preparation Guide!
Whether it’s the holidays or any time of the year, enjoy this Vegan Harvest Salad!