This Berry Smoothie Recipe is a triumvirate of deliciousness made with strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Mixed Berry Smoothie recipes are naturally sweetened, and uses a blender to blend everything from frozen bananas to berries. Serve this berry shake for breakfast, as a snack, or even dessert!
When it’s berry season, you want to amp up the berries in your diet.
And when I say “you” I mean “me too” because I’m obsessed with all things berries. I mean, look at these Blueberry Crumble Bars. 💜
So, it’s true I’m looking for ALL the ways to use berries in my diet. We all should be! Berries are so healthy! They’re very nutrient dense, referring to the amount of nutrients per calorie. I happen to find a smoothy a great way to get more berries in my diet.
What Goes in the Best Berry Smoothie?
You can make a berry smoothie using your favorite berries. I like to add a frozen banana to add creamy sweetness to my smoothies. In addition, you can add spinach (or other healthy greens like kale or chard), for added health benefits.
For this very berry smoothie, you’ll find:
The best smoothies don’t add refined sugars. This frozen berry smoothie recipe is a great way of getting a lot of healthy veggie/fruity nutrients in one sitting. Normally, I add a bunch of spinach to my smoothies, but every now and then it’s nice to show off that vibrant, berry color.
How Many Calories are in a Mixed Berry Smoothie?
A very berry smoothie is very reasonable when it comes to calories. This recipe has less than 200 calories per serving.
If you’re drinking this as a breakfast drink or even for dessert, that’s a minimal amount of calories, particularly if you’re considering the nutritional benefits.
How to Make a Berry Smoothie
You may be asking how to make a smoothie recipe. It’s a great question. And the answer is simple: It’s easy to make smoothies!
Begin by combining all the ingredients in a blender. Allow it to sit for a moment, to allow the frozen bananas to soften slightly.
Then blend the ingredients until well combined. Check the consistency of your berry smoothie. I don’t like my berry smoothies to be too thick. If yours is, add a little more almond milk. If it’s too thin, add additional ice and pulse again.
You can add sweetener, like Stevia, Agave Nectar, Maple Syrup if necessary based on your preference for sweetness.
Smoothie Health Benefits
Let’s take a quick look at the nutritional benefits of this very berry smoothie:
- anti-inflammatory phytonutrients found in berries
- vitamin K, which is important for delivering calcium from blood to bones
- great source of fiber
- reduced blood pressure thanks to blueberries
- berries are a great source of vitamin C
- strawberries are a good source of biotin (that stuff that’s good for your hair and skin)
- omega-3s, which we all need more of!
I could go on and on, but this is a convincing enough list to let you know this very berry smoothie is pretty healthy. Pretty darn healthy!
Love Fruit Recipes?
If you love recipes with berries, then you’ll definitely want to try these:
- This Vegan Strawberry Shortcake recipe is SO good!
- I love making this Strawberry Banana Bread as gifts
- How about these cashew cream Stuffed Strawberries — talk about healthy!
- You can even serve fresh berries with this Coconut Whipped Cream.
I also think it’s important to start my day with a martini glass. Yes, it’s true there’s no alcohol in this glass, but it contributes to another goal of mine for the year, to live life like a queen. Strawberry Smoothies and martini glasses. Something tells me it’s going to be a “berry” good day!
Very Berry SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup chopped strawberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- 1 cup frozen bananas , chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Allow it to sit for a moment, to allow the frozen bananas to soften slightly.
- Blend the ingredients until well combined. Check the consistency of your smoothie. If it’s too thick, add a little more almond milk. If it’s too thin, add additional ice and pulse again.
- Add sweetener, like Stevia, Agave Nectar, Maple Syrup, if necessary based on your preference for sweetness.