I have a thing for tea right now. And pumpkin seeds. You’ll see why in a minute. But just know these Vegan Chai Muffins with Pumpkin Seeds are just a big part of my mojo right now.
I’ve been reading a lot about the health benefits of tea. And pumpkin seeds. And I’ve been drinking a lot of chai tea too. And so somehow this all just combined into one big recipe in my head.
Why not make a Vegan Chai Muffin with some pumpkin seeds on top?
Now, you might be thinking that chai tea and pumpkin seeds sounds like a recipe better suited for the fall. And you’d probably be right. But, well, you know, we’re not people who live by those kinds of restrictions. Right?
I say Chai Tea and Pumpkin Seeds for all!
Now, I will get off my soap box.
Why I Love These Vegan Chai Muffins with Pumpkin Seeds
I love finding creative ways to get healthy into my diet! Don’t you? There’s just so much to stir the fancy into, you can’t help but love it!
But, let me get specific. These muffins come with:
- Pumpkin seeds — Because they’re packed with protein. And they’re green. Yay!
- Cloves — my new favorite super food because they’re loaded with antioxidants!
- Nutmeg — because I just love how it tastes
- Flax seed — both as an egg replacer and for some mighty omega3s!
Besides, these muffins are crispy on the outside, and oh-so tender on the inside.
Otis Redding said it best, “when you get weary, try a little tenderness.”
You know what would make me happier than Linus in a pumpkin patch? If you’d make this recipe and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. Then I get to do my happy dance!
Chai Tea Muffins with Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 chai tea bag I used Tazo Chai Tea
- ¾ cup plant-based milk almond, soy, etc, vanilla flavored
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbs ground flax, 2 tbs corn starch, 6 tbs water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Set your oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with muffin papers.
- Place the tea bag in the hot water and allow it to steep for a couple of minutes.
- In the meantime, add the plant-based milk, oil, flax eggs, vinegar, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Remove the tea bag from the hot water and pour the tea into the milk mixture. Stir to combine and then pour this into the flower mixture. One more time – stir to combine.
- Use a measuring cup or even a cookie dough dispenser to equally distribute the batter amongst the muffin papers. I found those awesome muffin papers at Target! Spread a few pumpkin seeds on the top of each muffin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Check for doneness. When the muffins are ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm.
If you like yourself some spiced muffins, then consider these:
- Cinnamon Toast Morning Muffins by Healthy Happy Life. And I’m happy!
- Chai Spiced Glazed Donut Muffins by My Baking Addiction. Hi Muffin, meet Donut.
- Dirty Chai Muffins by On Sugar Mountain. Talk dirty to me.
- Check out my Applesauce Muffins with Cinnamon Spice Icing if you’re into that kind of thang!
Whatever muffin is rocking your morning, enjoy!