If you’re into donuts (or doughnuts…however you spell them), you’ll want to give these Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts with Sprinkles a try. Just imagine a crispy on the outside, tender on the inside vegan donut, topped with chocolate and sprinkles. That’s what today’s recipe is all about.
I worked at a place after my first year in college. It was an insurance company. I did highly important things like filing papers. I told you, highly important.
And each Friday, someone would go out to buy donuts. They would return with crispy, creamy, mouthwatering donuts. I had a few of them, but it didn’t take me long to realize that I didn’t like the way they made me feel. I kind of quit eating donuts after that. Something about the combination of the flour and the grease just didn’t sit right with me.
But once I discovered the baked donut? That changed everything!
Why You’ll Love These Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts with Sprinkles
Sprinkles, people! Sprinkles!
Of course there’s more to these Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts with Sprinkles than only the sprinkles. You’ve got to have a pretty tasty donut base to make it all work.
Let’s talk about donuts for a moment. Most store-bought donuts are made with eggs and maybe even a little dairy. That’s why when I went vegan I thought I’d eaten my last donut.
A sad thought indeed.
However, once I bought my first baked donut pan, I was hooked on creating vegan baked donuts. In fact, I actually prefer the baked variety now. Forget all those greasy donuts of the past, the baked donut rules!
Also, if you’re not into sprinkles like I am, here are some ideas to garnish your donuts:
- Serve these donuts plain, with just the chocolate frosting
- Sprinkle coconut flakes over the top
- Add chopped peanuts over the top of each donut
- Chop up some dairy-free chocolate chips and sprinkle over the top
- How about granola? That might be pretty awesome!
As you can see, there are lots of options for topping your donuts. Options = awesome!
One thing that makes this Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts recipe so special is the Silk Dairy-Free Vanilla Yogurt. There’s one very simple reason I like using vanilla vegan yogurt, it makes for a soft and tender donut. I love that part!
We hope you love this recipe for Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts with Sprinkles as much as we do! If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it using #namelymarly on Instagram or Snapchat (I’m @namelymarly). We love seeing your photos!
Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts with Sprinkles
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 7 tablespoons water*
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 5.3 oz container Vanilla Soy Yogurt Alternative
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter softened
- Garnish: Sprinkles
- ½ cup dairy-free semi sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat donut pans with vegetable spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the ground flax seeds and water. Stir. Add the sugar, Silk Yogurt, and melted vegan butter. Stir to combine.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into prepared donut pans. If you prefer to be super precise, you can use a piping bag to do this.**
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the donuts are golden brown.
- In the meantime, make the chocolate glaze by combining all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl, stir to coat the chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and then allow to sit. The chocolate chips should be melted at this point. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Dip cooled donuts in the chocolate glaze. Top with sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Whichever donuts you’re devouring, enjoy!
This was a sponsored post. All opinions are my own. See our full disclosure for more information.