Everyone loves this homemade vegan cinnamon bread recipe because of its soft texture and appealing cinnamon swirls! Homemade cinnamon bread is perfect served toasted with a smear of vegan butter. This healthy bread recipe is made without eggs or dairy ! See tips for making this easy cinnamon loaf with raisins too.
Can there be a better way to start your week than a slice of gooey vegan healthy Cinnamon Bread served toasted with a smear of melted vegan butter? OK. Maybe winning the lottery. Or a hug from your kid. But besides that?
I haven’t had a store-bought cinnamon bread loaf in awhile because it’s just one of those things I figured wasn’t vegan. Instead, I just make homemade cinnamon bread. Besides, vegan Cinnamon swirl bread baking in the oven and filling the house with lovely aromas is the way to go.
Why You’ll Love Vegan Cinnamon Bread
With this easy cinnamon yeast bread recipe, all the ingredients are so common, you probably have everything on hand.
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time!
Sure, from start to finish this recipe for cinnamon bread takes awhile. Homemade bread is one of those things that requires a little patience. Knowing that the dough is rising in the warmest nook of my kitchen and finally smelling the cinnamon loaf bread as it bakes is enough to keep me content while I wait.
How to Make Cinnamon Bread
This is the best cinnamon bread recipe because it uses ingredients you probably have on hand right now.
Step One: Scald the Milk
Begin with plant-based milk (I used soy milk) and some apple cider vinegar in a saucepan. Bring that to a simmer and then remove from heat and add the vegan butter. Stir it all together and then set aside to let it cool.
Step Two: Combine the Dry Ingredients
In a large bowl stir together flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add the water and lukewarm milk mixture. Stir this all together. It should be fairly sticky.
Add the remaining flour, and then knead the dough in the bowl for about 5 minutes, adding a sprinkling of flour on top as necessary. Once you can press your thumb into the top of the dough and it springs back, you’ve kneaded it enough.
Place the dough in a draft-free, warm place for the dough to rise. It needs about an hour or so.
Step Three: Cinnamon Filling
While the dough is rising, prepare your cinnamon filling by combining brown sugar, cinnamon, and softened vegan butter in a bowl.
Note: Add 1/2 cup of raisins distributed equally across the filling if you want a vegan cinnamon raisin bread.
Step Four: Roll the Dough
Once the dough is ready, use a rolling pin to roll it out into a rectangle about 8 inches wide (to fit your loaf pan) and about 20 inches long.
Spread the cinnamon filling across the dough. Starting at the 8-inch edge farthest from you, begin rolling the dough toward you. When you get to the end, pinch the dough to create a seal.
Place the loaf in a prepared loaf pan, then cover and set aside to rise for another 30 minutes.
Step Five: Bake the Bread
When the cinnamon bread has risen, place it in the oven and bake for 40 – 45 minutes. The crust should be golden brown.
When it’s done, remove it from the oven and allow it sit for 10 – 15 minutes to cool because the cinnamon sugar filling will be hot.
Use these tips to make this homemade cinnamon bread recipe perfect every time:
- I recommend using all-purpose flour.
- For a change of pace, try using peanut butter instead of vegan butter in the filling
- Top this cinnamon sugar bread loaf with a simple icing of powdered sugar and some plant-based milk
- Add 1 cup of chopped apples to the filling to create vegan apple cinnamon bread
- For a warm place to let your dough rise, turn the oven on its lowest temperature for about 1 – 2 minutes, then turn the oven off. Place the covered bowl of dough in the oven along with a pan of warm water.
- You can even use your microwave to rise bread dough! Place a pyrex glass measuring cup full of 1 – 2 cups of water. Heat on high for 2 minutes. This will create a warm, moist environment. Place the covered bowl in the microwave, close the door, and let it sit for the allotted time.
- I love these tips from Red Star on tips on the best places to help bread dough rise.
- I kneed the dough in the bowl to save cleanup and it works just fine
- Feel free to use coconut sugar in place if brown sugar.
This vegan sweet bread recipe slices up nicely and you’ll be enjoying it (and maybe even sharing it with others) all weekend long!
Vegan Bread Recipes
Want more vegan breakfast bread recipes? Be sure and check these out:
- These Easy Vegan Dinner Rolls recipe are so tasty! It’s seriously easy to make your own dinner rolls, egg-free and dairy-free!
- Look at these scrumptious Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls! You may want to make a double batch!
- And this Vegan Monkey Bread? It’s the ultimate in gooey cinnamon bread in perfect bite-size pieces!
- Looking for vegan quick breads? This Vegan Banana Bread recipe is perfection in every bite!
- Dairy free quick breads are so easy to make. Take this Vegan Zucchini Bread, for example. It’s delicious!
Everyone loves my Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread! It’s seriously easy to make and perfect to share at parties!
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Cinnamon Bread
- ¾ cups soy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package instant yeast
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon
- ½ cup vegan butter softened
- Heat the milk and vinegar in a small saucepan until it simmers. Remove from heat. Add vegan butter and stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl add 2 ¼ cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add water to the cooled soy milk mixture. Stir to combine. Add this to the flour mixture. Stir to combine. It should be sticky at this point.
- Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. Once the dough starts to form into a ball, knead the mixture in the bowl for about 5 minutes, sprinkling with flour to keep it from getting too sticky.
- Spray the top of the dough ball with vegetable spray and cover with a damp cloth. Place in a warm place to rise for an hour (or so).
- In the meantime, mix the filling ingredients by combining the brown sugar, cinnamon, and softened vegan butter in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Roll out the dough into a 8″ X 20″ rectangle. Spread it with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Note: you could add a sprinkling of raisins or finely chopped nuts here.
- Starting at the far end, roll the dough toward you and pinch the final seem. Place this in your lightly greased loaf pan and cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan.
- Place the loaf in the prepared pan and bake for 40 – 45 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 – 15 minutes. Store bread in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To freeze, allow the bread to cool completely and then cut into slices. Place slices on a tray and place in the freezer. Once slices are frozen (about 30 minutes), transfer to a freezer bag. This bread will keep in the freezer for 1 month.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.