Imagine making your own vegan drumstick ice cream treats! These vegan frozen treats come complete with lots of dark chocolate and chopped almonds. This is a perfect summertime dessert!
It’s summer so diet be damned, I’m giving into my craving for some creamy Vegan Drumsticks. I’ll take an extra lap on the bicycle; play an extra hour of tennis; or even do the unheard of…skip a meal — all for the chance of enjoying just one of these dark chocolate smothered drumsticks. The real question is whether I’ll actually take that extra lap. That remains to be seen, but what I know for sure? I’m going to enjoy every last bite of this summer treat.
What I try to remind myself is that it’s vegan, so that automatically comes with a little benefit over the store-bought variety. I mean, it is, at the very least, cholesterol free. And there are some raw chopped almonds on top…and dark chocolate combined with coconut oil. All of that’s good. Right?
Tell me honestly, don’t you hate it when people end sentences with the word, “right”? I never know how (or if) I’m supposed to respond.
They might say:
“The best way to eat drumsticks is in a convertible on a hot summer’s day. Right?”
Am I supposed to agree with them? I don’t think I’ve ever done that so how am I supposed to know if it’s factually correct or not? I just nod in greement and it works because they don’t usually pause for a response anyway.
I find nodding my head in agreement is the best way to carry on with just about any conversation. I only hope I’m paying attention to what they’re saying while I’m nodding. Otherwise, I could appear to be agreeing with some crazy stuff.
I could find myself nodding away while actually planning what we’ll fix for dinner and then focusing back in on the discussion just in time to hear, “So you won’t mind dog sitting our slobbery mastiff mix and out-of-control great dane puppy while we’re on vacation for three weeks? Right? That’s great!”
Wait. What did I just agree to?
Oh well. I’ll just have another Vegan Drumstick to put my worries behind me!
- 1 quart vegan vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 sugar cones
- 1/4 cup raw almonds , finely chopped
- Place the Vegan Ice Cream on the counter to allow it to soften.
- Combine the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe container. Place in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir and repeat this step until the chocolate chips and coconut oil have melted. Stir well to combine. Set aside.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of the dark chocolate chip mixture into the bottom of four sugar cones. Place the cones in small glasses to keep them upright. You can also spread some of the melted chocolate along the inside of the sugar cones. Place them in the freezer so the chocolate can harden, anywhere from 1 – 5 minutes.
- Use an ice cream scooper or a large spoon to ladle the softened ice cream into the prepared sugar cones. Make sure to leave a nice dollop of ice cream at the top. Place these in the freezer so the ice cream can firm up, around 10 minutes.
- Spread a generous amount of the chocolate mixture over one drumstick and roll that in the chopped nuts while the chocolate is still spreadable. Place it back in the freezer. Repeat with each of the drumsticks.
- Once the drumsticks have firmed up, place them in a plastic bag or container for storage. When you’re ready to eat them, remove them from the freezer about 5 – 10 minutes to allow the ice cream to soften before eating.