Get the delicious taste of a cinnamon roll without all the sugar and calories! Deliciously healthy cinnamon roll overnight oats are easy to make and perfect for any time of day. Give them a try today!
Wake up to the flavor of freshly-baked cinnamon rolls with this easy and delicious overnight oatmeal recipe. Try it today and enjoy the sweet taste of cinnamon in a healthy way. Add it to your morning routine for maximum convenience, and start your day with energy!
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
- Almond milk — You’ll need almond milk (or your favorite plant-based milk), and you can use plain or vanilla-flavored.
- Dates — I use 3 Medjool dates to add fiber and nutrients. However, you can substitute 2 to 3 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Spices — We’ll add ground cinnamon to give it that distinctive cinnamon roll flavor and some pumpkin pie spice to add more of that nutmeg flavor.
- Oats — used rolled oats which I highly recommend for the best texture. If you use instant oats, be prepared to add at least 1/4 cup more for a thicker texture.
- Chia — Speaking of texture, adding a bit of ground chia seeds creates a thicker texture to the finished oats. In addition, it adds healthy fiber and other nutrients, like omega-3s.
- Yogurt — I create that swirly topping by combining some of the cinnamon mixture with some plant-based yogurt. This is optional but a nice touch.
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
- Blend almond milk, dates, and spices in a blender. Pour around 2 tablespoons of this milk into a small bowl.
- Stir together oats and chia seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the cinnamon date milk from the blender and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to overnight.
- Create the yogurt topping by combining plant-based yogurt with the reserved cinnamon date milk. Cover and refrigerate.
- When you’re ready to serve, transfer oats to serving dishes.
- Drizzle the yogurt topping over the oats, creating circles that resemble cinnamon rolls.
Can you make cinnamon roll overnight oats without yogurt?
You can make cinnamon roll overnight oats without yogurt. Using almond milk is a great way to make the best overnight oats, and you can save the yogurt to add as a topping or leave it out entirely.
Are overnight rolled oats healthy?
Overnight rolled oats are healthy because they deliver plant-based fiber and protein thanks to the oats and chia seeds. Between fiber, protein, and added phytonutrients such as magnesium and iron, you can feel confident enjoying overnight oats as part of your healthy diet.
You can personalize your overnight oats to your specific tastes. Here are some add-ins you can consider:
- Dried Fruit — Add raisins, oven-dried strawberries, or your favorite dried fruit to the oatmeal mixture and let it sit overnight with the oats so they’re nice and soft when you serve it.
- Make cinnamon roll protein overnight oats by adding a tablespoon of vanilla protein powder to the oat mixture.
- Chocolate — Add some mini chocolate chips or a teaspoon of cocoa powder to the oatmeal mixture if you like the flavor of cinnamon and chocolate.
I love serving overnight oats with some yummy toppings. Here are some of my favorites:
- Cinnamon sticks — You can add a cinnamon stick to each dish for a fancy presentation. It makes them look so pretty!
- Granola — I love the flavors of peanut butter and cinnamon, so add some of this peanut butter granola recipe on top for a crunchy, delicious flavor in every bite!
- Caramel — Add drizzles of this date-sweetened caramel sauce is delicious drizzled on top of overnight oats!
To store overnight oats, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 to 4 days. You can freeze overnight oats in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months. To thaw, transfer to the fridge overnight.
Cinnamon Bun Overnight Oats
Cinnamon Date Milk
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medium Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon plant-based yogurt (plain, not sweetened)
For the Cinnamon Date Milk:
- Combine the almond milk, dates, and spices in a high-speed blender. Blend on low to combine, then gradually increase the speed to create a smooth consistency. Pour approximately ¼ cup of this milk into a small bowl.
For the Overnight Oats:
- Stir together oats and chia seeds in a mixing bowl. Pour in most of the remaining cinnamon date milk from the blender in with the oats. Stir to combine, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to overnight.
For the Topping:
- Add a tablespoon of plant-based yogurt to the reserved cinnamon date milk and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
- Transfer oats to serving dishes. Use a spoon to drizzle the yogurt topping over the oats, creating circles that resemble cinnamon rolls, if you'd like.Add cinnamon sticks before serving for dramatic presentation.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.