This five-star Easy Vegan Fudge recipe makes a luscious, edible holiday gift. Share it with family, friends, and coworkers for the holidays!
I thought my fudge-making days were over when we went vegan. Because fudge, it’s made with cream. right? Well, that’s how I grew up making it.
And let me tell you something else. Fudge is something you need to make when you’ve got plenty of people around to share it with. Or a husband with a metabolism of a horse. 🐴
Actually, I think horses eat hay, which I can’t imagine is very caloric. So, maybe I’ve been saying that all these years and it’s not entirely accurate. But you get my point.
What I’m trying to say is I don’t trust myself around this easy vegan fudge. It’s too delicious. Just look at that chocolate oozing into the dish. OMG!
I’d like to be there as the fudge falls into the dish, scooping it out by the spoonful!
But I did show a little restraint because I wanted to have great pictures to share with you.
I love this recipe because, first, it conquers my fear of having fudge around the house and second, it proves that vegan fudge is not only possible, it’s actually extremely easy.
All You Need for Easy Vegan Fudge
Here’s all you need for easy vegan fudge. Are you ready? Do you have your pen handy?
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Vegan sweetened condensed milk
- Chopped Nuts
That’s it! Only four ingredients.
How do you Make Fudge?
The way I look at it, there are a couple of ways to make fudge. I can follow the instructions from my mom’s cookbook which requires a candy thermometer (ugh), or I can use this simple, easy version which uses sweetened condensed milk.
Both make a delicious fudge, but I just happen to prefer the version that’s easier, so I use sweetened condensed milk.
I don’t know about you, but I’m going for the simple version when I can!
The trick is using dairy-free sweetened condensed milk.
Is There Dairy In Fudge?
The simple answer is yes. Most fudge recipes call for dairy. But my recipe for Easy Vegan Fudge is made with dairy-free sweetened condensed milk and dairy-free dark chocolate chips.
Now, I found coconut milk condensed milk at Sprouts, but if you don’t have that handy, you can always make your own. I have a recipe for Coconut Sweetened Condensed Milk that I go to regularly!
This means you can make your fudge in the microwave by combining the Coconut Sweetened Condensed Milk with the chocolate chips. Heat them up together for a bit minutes and then cover it, to allow the heat to melt all the chocolate. Once the happens, then add the chopped nuts and vanilla and stir everything together.
I place sheets of waxed paper to the dish I’m going to pour the fudge into. Why? Because I want to be able to easily remove the fudge after it sets. In fact, I place the dish in the fridge to speed up the setting time for my easy vegan fudge and it may be the hardest part of the entire process…waiting! 😁
Finally, we hope you love this recipe for Easy Vegan Chocolate Fudge! If you make a batch of your own, be sure to snap a photo and share it with #namelymarly on Instagram. We love seeing your creations!
Easy Vegan Chocolate Fudge
- 3 cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- 14 oz Vegan Sweetened Condensed Milk *
- 3/4 cup Chopped Nuts
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Line an 8: square or rectangle baking dish with waxed paper, allowing the paper to extend beyond two opposite ends.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Add the vegan sweetened condensed milk. Stir to make sure the chocolate chips are coated. Heat for one minute in the microwave. Remove from the microwave and place a lid over the bowl for one minute, to allow the chocolate to melt. Stir until creamy.
- Add the chopped nuts and stir to combine.
- Pour the fudge batter into the prepared baking dish. Cover and chill for 1 - 2 hours until the chocolate is set.
- Once set, lift the fudge by the waxed paper out of the dish. Remove the waxed paper from the chocolate and cut into square pieces.
Check out more of my delicious Vegan Chocolate Recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls
- Vegan Molasses Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- Vegan Rainbow Thin Mints
Thanks for supporting Namely Marly through shares, comments, and likes!