This creamy hot Vegan Spinach Dip recipe is a tasty, garlicky dip that makes snack time a treat. Vegan veggie dips are the perfect combination of flavors, veggies, and consistency. Serve vegan dip recipes with tortilla chips, potato chips, crackers, or veggies and enjoy! This best vegan spinach dip is so good when served warm but can be served cold too.
If you haven’t noticed, I love a good dip. In fact, my Best Vegan Dips and Sauces continues to be a popular post! I think that’s a sign you like them too!
The thing is, vegan veggie dips are so versatile. You can take vegan dips to parties, book reading club, or even just to have around for a Tuesday evening pre-dinner snack.
I mean, come on…Vegans can’t live on smoothies and granola alone!
That’s why I came up with this delicious easy vegan spinach veggie dip recipe.
Vegan Spinach Vegetable Dip Ingredients
First, let’s look at the list of ingredients for non-dairy spinach dip recipes. There’s fewer than 10 ingredients in this recipe for spinach dip!. That makes this recipe very do-able.
- frozen spinach
- vegan butter
- green onions
- garlic cloves
- vegan cream cheese
- extra firm tofu
- vegan mayo
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
That’s nine ingredients to make simple tofu spinach dip. And using my local grocery store as a guide, I can find all these ingredients there.
How to Make Easy Vegan Spinach Dip
If you’re wondering how to make spinach dip, you’ve come to the right place! It’s easy to make this vegan party dip by following these steps:
Step One: Prepare the Spinach
Place thawed frozen spinach in a dish towel and stand over the sink and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible. Set this aside.
Step Two: Prepare the Sauce
Place vegan butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped green onions and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the chopped garlic and cook for another minute or so. Then add the spinach, vegan cream cheese, vegan mayo, salt, and pepper.
Step Three: Prepare the Tofu
That’s right. This is a vegan spinach tofu dip. But I promise, you won’t even notice it! Place the tofu in a food processor and pulse until mostly smooth. Add the spinach mixture to the food processor and pulse in several short bursts to break the spinach up into smaller bits. Don’t overdo it here or you’ll have one big, green mass! The goal is to have the spinach marbleized in the dip.
That’s it! Not only is this a delicious spinach spread, it’s also a gluten-free spinach dip!
Serve this as either a hot or cold spinach dip recipe. It’s delicious either way!
Do you love vegan dips?
Make this easy vegan spinach dip kids and adults will love equally! Here at our house, it’s dipping season all year round! That’s because there’s always something fun to celebrate (birthdays, sports, mother’s day, etc).
If you’re a big fan of vegan dips, you’re going to love these other tasty vegan party dip recipes:
- Fresh and delicoius, Vegan Black Bean Dip
- So simple and so tasty, Vegan Queso Dip
- This Vegan 7 Layer Dip is so good, people don’t even realize it’s vegan!
- If you love crab rangoons at Chinese restaurants, this Vegan Rangoon Dip is sure to please
- Add something extra with this Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe!
The Science Behind Dipping
Did you know there’s a proper way to drive that chip into a bowl of dip? The thing is, dipping can get messy if it’s not done right. Who wants to leave an embarrassing half a chip in the middle of the dip bowl? And then there’s the whole double dipping fiasco!
When using a triangular tortilla chip, I recommend breaking it into pieces. You can’t put the whole thing in your mouth without looking like some kind of starving island survivalist anyways. 😱
However, if you are looking at a bowl of vegan creamy spinach dip and ready for a full mouthful, experts recommend dipping with one edge of the triangle going into the dip. That way you’re holding on to the two-triangular side and the weight of the dip won’t crack the tortilla chip.
That said, just skip the whole triangular tortilla chip dilemma and buy the rounded scoop ones instead!
Homemade Spinach Dip Bread Bowls
Or you can skip the whole tortilla chip and serve this best spinach dip in bread bowls! Simply carve out the middle of a round loaf of sourghdough bread and fill it with this tasty spinach dip. Then tear up the pieces of bread scooped out of the center and have those ready for dipping. Serve Vegan Spinach Cream Dip in bread for a perfect party dip!
Well, that’s it for today’s recipe. We sure hope you love this Easy Spinach Dip as much as we do! If you decide to make it, you know the drill…take a photo and share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. And share how you’ve adapted the recipe too. It’s so inspiring to see where you take it!
Vegan Spinach Dip
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 stalks green onion , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra firm tofu
- Once the spinach has thawed, wrap it in a dishtowel and stand over the sink and squeeze the spinach to drain as much liquid out of it as possible. Set aside.
- Place the vegan butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté chopped green onions until tender, 3–5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add the chopped garlic and cook for another minute or so. Add the spinach, vegan cream cheese, vegan mayo, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the tofu in a food processor and pulse until mostly smooth. Add the spinach mixture and pulse several times to combine and break up the spinach into smaller pieces.
- Serve this with chips and crackers. This will last in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days or up to 2 months in a freezer.