This Vegan Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings Recipe makes a delicious and healthy snack recipe! Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings are spicy and delicious! Crispy Cauliflower Wings are a perfect as a satisfying snack for game day and every day that everyone is sure to love! Tips for gluten-free provided.
I feel like every day I’m learning new ways to use vegetables in place of meat. For example there’s my Plant-Based Sausage Crumbles. I mean, how great is that!
It’s like vegetables could sing a show tune, “anything you can do, I can do better!”
Trivia: Was Marly in the musical that included that song?
Answer: Below the cauliflower hot wings recipe.
But first, I had to make these tasty cauliflower wings vegan!
Is Cauliflower Healthy?
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable making it one of the healthiest vegetables to include in your diet. Cauliflower is a low calorie, high nutrient vegetable making it a nutritiously dense powerhouse to include in your everyday diet! In addition, it’s loaded with fiber and high in antioxidants! Learn more about the health benefits of cauliflower.
Here’s even more tasty vegan cauliflower recipes!
How to Make Cauliflower Wings
There are several steps in making these vegan buffalo cauliflower bites, but it goes pretty fast. It goes like this:
Step One: Dip Cauliflower in Crispy Coating
The first step is to dip the cauliflower in a flour mixture to create a crispy shell around the roasted cauliflower. We like crispy.
Mix the plant-based milk, water, flour, garlic powder, and paprika in a bowl. Stir to combine. Here’s where you’ll need to assess your batter. You want this batter to be thick, but not too thick. So, if it’s too runny, add a tablespoon or two of flour. If it’s too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water and then stir to combine.
Dip the cauliflower florets into the the batter, letting excess drip off over the bowl, and then place on the prepared baking sheets. Repeat until all the cauliflower is coated and in a single layer on the baking sheets.
Step Two: Bake Cauliflower with Crispy Coating
Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and use tongs to flip each piece. Bake for another 10 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
Step Three: Make the Buffalo Sauce
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the hot sauce with the coconut oil. Microwave for 10 – 30 seconds, until the coconut oil begins to melt. Stir together.
Once the cauliflower is done, remove it from the oven and set aside until the pieces are cool enough to handle. Or use tongs to dip the cauliflower pieces in the prepared hot sauce.
Step Four: Bake Sauced Wings
Return the hot sauce-coated florets to the original baking sheet and return to the oven. Bake for another 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow them to cool enough so you can handle them. I like to serve these hot wings with this Vegan Ranch Dip, but there are a number of vegan dressings you can buy.
At first glance you might think this buffalo roasted cauliflower recipe takes too much time, but realize most of it is baking time. You can get the cauliflower chicken wings baking and go about doing your thing while you wait. Or you could be like me and stand by the oven door and peek in every so often.
Keto Buffalo Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a favorite ingredient for the keto community because it’s naturally low in carbohydrates. These vegan hot wings are made from cauliflower and as a result have only 9g of net carbs per serving.
Note: Net carbs is total carbs minus fiber.
Expert Tips for Cauliflower Wings
This vegan baked cauliflower wings recipe is pretty amazing, and here are some tips to help make it perfect every time!
- For really spicy wings, add some sriracha to the sauce
- If you don’t want to use coconut oil, feel free to substitute virgin olive oil in the sauce
- Serve additional buffalo sauce on the side to make these hot wing cauliflower bites sing!
- I have this idea of mashing the finished cauliflower wings and pressing that into celery sticks. And then drizzling with the ranch dip. Wouldn’t that be so good!
- Sprinkle the vegan buffalo wings with dried dill weed
- To add a little more crunch to these vegetarian buffalo wings, why not add a layer of bread crumbs before baking
- To make these vegetarian wings gluten-free, simply use gluten-free flour or almond flour.
Take these ideas or add your own to make this Cauliflower Buffalo Bites something truly unique!
Love Vegan Appetizers?
Sure, you love this Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe! If you want to take that love a step further with even more vegan appetizers you are in good hands, my friends. Check these out:
- Be careful not to overbake, otherwise, the cauliflower can get mushy.
- This recipe for Vegan Rangoon Dip (like the appetizer at Chinese restaurants, but vegan).
- Or how about this Vegan Taco Dip. So good!
- Make this Vegan Guacamole and serve it over your favorite veggie burgers!
- Serve this Fresh Black Bean Dip with tortilla chips!
Well, that wraps up this recipe for Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Vegan Wings.
I hope you love this recipe as we do! Have you tried it? Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Baked Cauliflower Wings
- ½ cup plant-based milk plain, not vanilla
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup gluten-free flour I used coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups of small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup Wing Sauce of your choice
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil (see note)
- Ranch Yogurt Dip
- Prehat oven to 425F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the plant-based milk, water, flour, garlic powder, and paprika in a bowl. Stir to combine. Assess the batter. It should be thick, but not too thick. If it's too runny, add a tablespoon more flour. If it's too thick, add a tablespoon more flour.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the the batter, let excess drip off over the bowl, and then place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat until all the cauliflower is coated and in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and use tongs to flip each piece. Bake for another 10 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the hot sauce with the coconut oil. Microwave for 10 – 30 seconds, until the coconut oil begins to melt. Stir together.
- Once the cauliflower is done, remove it from the oven and set aside until the pieces are cool enough to handle. Or use tongs to dip the cauliflower pieces in the prepared hot sauce.
- Return the hot sauce-coated florets to the original baking sheet and return to the oven. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with Ranch Yogurt Dip.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Whatever spicy vegan dish you’re consuming, enjoy!
Oh, and yes, I was in the musical Annie Get Your Gun. So there! 🙂