Crispy Vegan Baked Cauliflower Wings, are a delicious, satisfying snack for game day and every day that everyone is sure to love! Tips for gluten-free provided. If you’re curious about vegan appetizers you are in good hands, my friends. Check out my recipe for Vegan Rangoon Dip (like the appetizer at Chinese restaurants, but vegan). Or how about my Vegan Taco Dip. So good!
I feel like every day I’m learning new ways to use vegetables in place of meat. For example there’s my Plant-Based Sausage Crumbles. I mean, how great is that!
It’s like vegetables could sing a show tune, “anything you can do, I can do better!”
Trivia: Was Marly in the musical that included that song?
Answer: Below the recipe.
How Do You Make Vegan Baked Cauliflower Wings?
The first thing I do to make these vegan baked cauliflower wings is to bake the cauliflower florets in a flour-based mixture. This creates a crispy shell around the cauliflower. We like crispy.
Then the next step is to dip those crispy cauliflower wings into a buffalo sauce. I found the perfect way to do this that captures the spicy sauce perfectly. I like to serve this with my Vegan Ranch Dip, but there are a number of vegan dressings you can buy.
At first glance you might think this recipe takes too much time, but realize most of it is baking time. You can get the cauliflower wings baking and go about doing your thing while you wait. Or you could be like me and stand by the oven door and peek in every so often.
This vegan baked cauliflower wings recipe is pretty perfect on its own, but I can see some ways you might want to change it around. Want some ideas? OK. I’ll share them with you. Here are my suggestions for changing this recipe up a little:
- For really spicy wings, add some sriracha to the sauce
- Serve additional buffalo sauce on the side
- I have this idea of mashing the finished cauliflower wings and pressing that into celery sticks. And then drizzling with the ranch dip. Wouldn’t that be so good!
- Sprinkle with dried dill weed
- To add a little more crunch, why not add a layer of bread crumbs before baking
- To make this gluten-free, simply use gluten-free flour
Take these ideas or add your own to make this Vegan Baked Cauliflower Wings something truly unique!
We hope you love this recipe for Vegan Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings as much as we do. If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or SnapChat (I’m @NamelyMarly). We LOVE seeing your photos!
Vegan Baked Cauliflower Wings
- ½ cup plant-based milk plain, not vanilla
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup gluten-free flour I used coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups of small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup Wing Sauce of your choice
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- Ranch Yogurt Dip
- Heat your oven to 425. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the plant-based milk, water, flour, garlic powder, and paprika in a bowl. Stir to combine. You want this batter to be thick, so add more flour if you need to.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the the batter, let excess drip off over the bowl, and then place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat until all the cauliflower is coated and in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and use tongs to flip each piece. Bake for another 10 – 15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the hot sauce with the coconut oil. Microwave for 10 – 30 seconds, until the coconut oil begins to melt. Stir together.
- Once the cauliflower is done, remove it from the oven and set aside until they’re cool enough to handle. Or use tongs to dip the cauliflower pieces in the prepared hot sauce.
- Place the hot sauce-coated florets on the original baking sheet and return to the oven. Bake for another 20-25minutes.
- Serve with Ranch Yogurt Dip.
If you’re into vegetarian or vegan spicy recipes, check these recipes out:
- Spicy Kung Pao Cauliflower by Vegan Richa
- Tasty Spicy Vegan Chili by A Cozy Kitchen
- Black Bean Soup Served Spicy by Cookie + Kate
- Or how about this Spicy Roasted Chickpeas by yours truly!
Whatever spicy vegan dish you’re consuming, enjoy!
Oh, and yes, I was in the musical Annie Get Your Gun. So there! 🙂