Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, these Vegan Zucchini Bread Pancakes topped with maple syrup will start your day out right, time after time. Do you love delicious vegan breakfasts? Me TOO! Here’s my favorite Vegan Ginger Pear Donuts you should definitely try. If you want something super easy, but also decadent, try my Vegan Chocolate Croissant!
Have I told you about our smoothie habit? It started at the beginning of the year when Shawn and I started having smoothies most every day. We love them!
However, every now and then, it’s nice to mix things up a little. Especially on the weekends!
That’s where these Vegan Zucchini Bread Pancakes sure come in handy. Who’s with me that pancakes on the weekends are perfect!
In fact, sometimes we’ll make a double batch so we can enjoy them throughout the week as well.
Why You’ll Love Vegan Zucchini Bread Pancakes
These Vegan Zucchini Bread Pancakes are not like any ol’ pancakes. They’re like little zucchini breads, served in pancake form. You can’t go wrong with that! And that means syrup is not required. You can add a little pat o’ vegan butter and just go to town. Or, if you’re like me, you might prefer peanut butter. I think I prefer peanut butter on just about everything. 😊
The real trick to this recipe is making sure you press the extra fluid from the zucchini. That makes the perfect pancakes. I also used a griddle. In the past I’ve made pancakes in a skillet and that does work, but there’s nothing like a griddle or electric skillet to make perfect pancakes every time!
Also, zucchini has some health benefits you’ll want to take note of as well. Want me to start a list? OK. Here goes. With zucchini you expect the following:
- Vitamin A
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
You want me to go on? I could! That’s the thing I love about veggies — they’re packed with all the nutrients we need!
Waiting for Change
I can be so impatient. If something’s supposed to happen, I want it to happen NOW! I wonder if that’s why I like recipes so much? Hmm. Never thought of it that way before, but I might be on to something. Because the nice thing about a recipe is you can change it however you want it to be. In fact, every recipe I look at (even my own), I’m always thinking about ways I change it for the better! I encourage you to do the same. Look at this recipe and see ways you can make it more suited to you, your tastes, and preferences. Here, I’ll give you some ideas below just to get the change ball rolling:
- How about coconut oil instead of the vegan butter
- Also, you could get even crazier and use peanut or almond butter in place of that vegan butter. I think peanut butter makes everything better! 😍
- Why not add a sprinkle or two of ground cloves for some added spice
- Go gluten-free by using gluten-free baking flour
See? Sometimes change can be a good thing! Feel free to run with these ideas or think up your own. However you make them, these Vegan Zucchini Bread Pancakes can be served with my Vegan Date Caramel Sauce too. Too delicious!
We hope you love this recipe for Vegan Zucchini Bread Pancakes as much as we do. If you decide to make it, snap a photo and share it with us using #namelymarly on Instagram or Twitter. We LOVE seeing your photos!
Vegan Breakfast Zucchini Pancakes
- 1 small Zucchini
- 1 Flax Egg (1T Ground Flax + 3 T water)
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter , melted
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Plant Based Milk , vanilla
- Cut off the ends of the Zucchini and shred it (including the peel), until you have 1 1/2 cups of shreds. Place the shredded zucchini in 2 - 3 paper towel pieces and then wring it out over the sink, to remove excess fluid.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded and pressed zucchini, ground flax seeds, melted vegan butter, agave nectar, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Move contents over to one side of the bowl.
- In the other side of the bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine. Stir to combine the dry ingredients. Then slowly incorporate the shredded zucchini mixture.
- Pour one half cup of the plant-based milk in with the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Then add the remaining milk and stir until just combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. You can either spray the pan with vegetable cooking spray or use a half teaspoon of vegan butter to coat the pan.
- Once the skillet is hot, pour the pancake batter (using 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake) into the prepared skillet. Cook until bubbles form on the top side of the pancakes. Use a spatula to flip the pancakes and cook on the other side until golden brown. Place cooked pancakes on a plate and repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with vegan butter, maple syrup, fruit jam, and or fresh fruit.
If you’re into delicious vegan pancakes, check these out:
- Super Simple Vegan Pancakes by Cookie + Kate
- Banana Smoothie Vegan Pancakes by Big Man’s World
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes by Jamie Oliver
- Chocolate Vegan Pancakes by the Minimalist Vegan
- OR…how about my Vegan Whiskey Pancakes. Um, YAS! 😬
Whatever vegan pancake you’re slathering with syrup, enjoy!