Wondering what to do with those delicious strawberries you found on sale at the supermarket? This vegan Strawberry Banana Bread is a tasty idea.
I have a thing for buying produce, especially when it’s on sale. The supermarket makes it look so irresistible. There was store representative actually giving out fresh strawberry samples the other day. Oh, you mean I don’t have to buy these strawberries wondering if they’re actually good or not? Well, the one she handed me was so delicious I bought a great big pack of them.
I’m a marketer’s dream. I know.
But to be completely honest, I don’t regret it because we’ve been eating a lot of strawberries and loving it.
Did you know that strawberries have less than 60 calories per cup?
Hmm, something to ponder, for sure.
What You’ll Love About This Strawberry Banana Bread
Strawberries are considered a super food, and that’s not because they’re low in calories. It’s because they’re packed with nutrients. Strawberries are loaded with Vitamin C, Manganese and even some fiber to sweeten the deal.
The trick is to wash the strawberries when you get them home so you can grab some straight from the fridge and eat them. In fact, Shawn even chopped off the tops and put them in a bowl so now we’re ready to eat them at any moment. And we do!
But there’s plenty of ways to enjoy strawberries. I’ve put them in smoothies, had them sliced over cooked oatmeal, and now, we’ve got this Strawberry Banana Bread going on. You’ll love this recipe because it’s only 10 ingredients, but oh so tasty. Each bite offers the sweetness of bananas combined with delicious baked strawberries.
I’ve loved the combination of strawberries and bananas since I was a kid. Confession – I used to love strawberry-banana jello. Can you believe that? Now I’m much happier getting the authentic flavor combination via a home-baked sweet bread. This bread is a moist, dense bread that tastes good, slice after slice…after slice!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do. If you give it a try, take a quick photo and share it with #namelymarly on Instagram. I love seeing your photos!
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp corn starch, 3 tbsp water)
- ½ cup vegan sour cream (or silken tofu combined with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar)
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- Heat your oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a food processor add the bananas, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, flax egg, and sour cream. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Fold the chopped strawberries into the flour mixture, reserving a few slices for the top of the bread. Stir until the strawberries are coated. Add the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a the crust is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.